• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Carowinds: General Discussion

Yes! Proper four across seating! None of that Shambhala crap!

Shambhala's seating is far superior to normal 4 across. Every seat is like a front row on Shambhala, whereas in traditional 4 across you're stuck right behind another seat.

Shambhala's seating is far superior to normal 4 across. Every seat is like a front row on Shambhala, whereas in traditional 4 across you're stuck right behind another seat.
No, not at all. I know that the idea is to make every seat feel like the front row but in reality it just doesn't at all, it feels no different to Silvia's trains in terms of the view. What it does is basically puts you on your own rather than with your friends if you're sitting in one of the outer seats. It also means it only has two front row seats rather than four (I don't consider the front row on the outside to be 'real' front row as the seat in front of you (to the side) blocks quite a lot of the view.

It's quite possible that Leviathan will have seatbelts added in the near future. :(

Have to agree though, the arrow seating trains are nowhere near as good as the standard ones.

After a week or so of no construction, apparently it was so wet they had to re-do some footers, more track has gone up and Fury 325 is nearing completion:

64746_906063309439047_8153524716565200038_n.jpg

I'd imagine it will be finished either later today or tomorrow.

:)

Every time I see a picture of that first drop, my boxers mysteriously get a bit tighter.

The last piece is about to go into place! :D

EDIT:

Turns out they just did a test fitting of the final piece yesterday and will put it in place later on today. Media will be present which is why it wasn't done yesterday.

Last edited:
Some stunning aerial photos of the completed Fury 325:

1960854_1568052346775106_7942233345261673932_o.jpg

10960315_1568052266775114_7471461931241784521_o.jpg

10887327_1568052230108451_1788300480129085840_o.jpg

1979161_1568052103441797_1843896061278102753_o.jpg

Everything else in the park looks so tiny!! Hopefully we might see some testing before the end of the month if we are lucky!

It's a good point @Rob about the height.

Didn't realise how huge this was really until I saw it in context of the other rides!

The only question I would ask, will it maintain it's momentum? It's a long ride and after the first couple of drops, it's got a LONG way to maintain speed for a coaster that appears to be built for that.

The only question I would ask, will it maintain it's momentum? It's a long ride and after the first couple of drops, it's got a LONG way to maintain speed for a coaster that appears to be built for that.

I think it will. The drop is huge and the stuff after it is not so huge. It should pick up any lost speed at the turnaround, it drops slightly undergound with a relatively large drop and thereafter it really is quite ground hugging. All will be revealed soon! :D

I think it will. The drop is huge and the stuff after it is not so huge. It should pick up any lost speed at the turnaround, it drops slightly undergound with a relatively large drop and thereafter it really is quite ground hugging. All will be revealed soon! :D

I know what you mean, definitely agree with that, but I wonder is it ENOUGH - this will be so reliant on that speed, mind you being more terrain hugging it should feel faster... however I then glanced across to the other rides, and it's not THAT terrain hugging it just looks it because that drop is so huge lol!

I see no reason why it won't still be flying along like crazy when it hits the brakes.

Looks like there's going to be some kind of theming under the footbridge to get to the park entrance, some lights and *maybe* some fog!
:D

From TPR:
thumb_camera2_11.jpg

fury_6.jpg

fuey1_0.jpg

I love how tiny the worker looks next to the track! It's definitely a beast!

From Carowinds' Twitter:

B-JZEOjIMAAA5Ks.jpg

Hopefully testing will begin sooner rather than later!

Fury 325 is going to look pretty awesome in the dark:

B-kc_wTXIAEaLZC.jpg

B-kPy8iUsAAsEKj.jpg

thumb_fury_7.jpg

Also, Carowinds posted this on Facebook the other day:

10997799_10153098737888599_4575363685956491811_n.jpg

"It's getting real y'all! Testing will hopefully start next week. #Fury325"

So we should start seeing this beast running very soon! :D