• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBeebies Land

Re: 2014: CBeebies Land

Blaze said:
The funny thing with the shed is, if Alton said an attraction was themed to a garden and they didn't have a shed (which apparently is a replica of the one from the show), people would moan it wasn't garden-y enough.
There's a lot more to gardens than sheds.

I don't think there's a single visible shed in the entirety of the Alton Towers gardens themselves, which is one of the most famous gardens in the country. Instead there are sculptures, water features, towers, viewpoints, lakes, erm trees...

And there are whole companies dedicated to creating the best sensory gardens so as this is a 'CBeebies' endorsed one it ought to be the best around.

The funny thing is that both of these new promo pictures seemed to suggest the sheds are the USP!

The roof collapsed on Twirling Toadstool last winter due to the snow and they put a temporary plastic covering over it for the rest of 2013. So at a guess at least the top of it is off site having a new permanent roof put on top.

I hope that it's given a new coat of paint too as it was looking tired and worn last season with faded colours everywhere.

Anyway, back on topic with CBeebies Land. The new updates look pretty good so far, even if we can only see rooves. The newly built roof is quite vivid but that may be due to the fact that the sky's so gray. It's looking quite good so far.

I'm excited to see where all these 'attractions' fit within the current Farm/Storybook Land. As previously mentioned, Mr Bloom does feel very Singing Barn, but the 'garden path' phrase throws it a bit. Are we going to see a mini garden sub-area containing this, Mr Tumble and perhaps something Iggle Piggle?

Wasn't the Singing Barn being turned into a shop?

Ah, maybe. It's been a fair while since I looked at the plans! (There goes me Quantum Mechanics revision for a good few hours).

Yeah, the Singing Barn is being turned into a shop.

Although I can see the Mr Bloom/shed-thing :)P) being an attraction elsewhere that could be compared to the Singing Barn. It was a great attraction so it makes sense if there is something new in 2014 that is equivalent to that.

They could be simply giving one of the existing buildings around the other side of Doodle Doo Derby a lick of paint and a few new features to convert them into the shed seen in the promotion image.

For hands on, brochure whacking fun, venture down the garden path to Mr. Godfrey Bloom’s Strictly British Allotments! Help friends of Mr. Bloom tend to the 'sluts' and beat pesky journalists, before heading inside the magical (Brussels funded) shed to beat the Romanies! Bongo-bongo CBeebies Land opens at Alton Towers Resort in May 2014!

Quite a bold move by Alton Towers and the BBC there.

Two good attractions, very humble and perfectly infitting with the feeling of the old farm.

It just shows how good a partnership towers has gotten. You possibly couldn't get a better, more british, and more thoughtful IP than BBC..

Hope it turns out well. I imagine so.

Certainly seems like a decent "shed" in that second promo... Clearly the quality of sheds vary across the Cbeebies programmes. Again it seems like there are some imaginative ideas here, rather than just getting in stock rides. If it's themed and executed well it will be good.

As for Twirling Toadstool, it isn't going it's just getting a bit of TLC.

My slight apprehension to the project is how will the non-ride experiences be run? I have mixed feelings concerning whether it would be best for them to be "free for alls" or "queued for".

Making people queue takes a little of the magic away and could pose a problem for those who certain experiences are aimed at (e.g. The Sensory Garden). On the other hand I don't suppose having 100 children all trying to get in the shed at the same time will be magical either.

As much stick as they get Alton Towers marketing seem to do a good job of getting footfall into the park.

On the other hand the area they are developing felt quite crowded even with a few 100 people in it. At present it's not clear how they will soak up the crowds (particularly ones who are likely to have buggies/prams).

I imagine they have thought about this and have worked out the best way to manage the crowds. I wish them nothing but good luck with this project but it would be a disaster if Alton Towers became a victim of their own success by bringing in larger crowds than the area can cope with.

Danny said:
1486906_273949832756236_1546392684_n.jpg

For hands on fun, venture down the garden path to Mr. Bloom’s Allotments. Help friends of Mr. Bloom tend to the plants and feed compo, before heading inside the magical shed to meet the Veggies. CBeebies Land opens at Alton Towers Resort in May 2014!
I was looking on Google Streetview and came across this shed which seemly to vaguely resemble Mr. Bloom's allotment shed in the promo image. Coincidence?

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Farley ... ,6.14&z=20

I was actually thinking they could run some attractions as 'shows'. Maybe do something a bit like Ice Age? That system seems to work pretty well.

Can't say I know what it is but no suprises that it has been included. It does look rather scary! :p

:)

In the Night Garden is rumoured to be the new theme for Riverbank Eye Spy I believe.

Does look pretty creepy - but that's children's TV for you! :p

I can't remember if it was BBC or not, but I'm still holding out to wait and see if Spot the Dog makes an appearance! ;)