• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBeebies Land

Re: 2014: CBeebies Land

I get tired of really saying it (as Towers usually prove the negative opinions right with theming), but how do we know if its half arsed if we haven't seen it yet?

Unlike Thomas Land there are a few unique ideas here (not justa load of Zamperla rides). As said i'm erring towards expecting less but who really know.

And Towers would never get permission for a building anywhere near the size of Plopsa's indoor family area.

Plopsas area is about as big as the farm (from the dung heap fence. to the entrance to storybook land and up to the monorail track) They could dig down so it's not so high, they could of put it around the back of the towers and left the farm as it was.
It just seems like such a waste.

You can tell it will be half arsed from the attractions they are choosing to keep. That boat ride is well past it's sell by date and is probably one of the cheapest attractions at towers and they chose to keep it? Mutiny Bay was a good re-theme and the tea-cups was well executed but this was a popular ride anyway so keeping it made sense.

I'd prefer them to use this IP properly elsewhere if they could build a warehouse there and keep the farm as it was.

:D :D

Just looking at the website there is a certain element of quality about it.

I know the photoshops aren't great, but just for functionality and visual aesthetics wise, it looks a very good promotional set up.

Note the response on FB is massively positive.

If anyone's interested the main font being used for CBeebies Land promotional materials is MeltLV1. :)

The best thing about CBeebies land is going to be the considerable amount of live entertainment and interactive experiences for the youngsters.

:)

Croftybaby said:
Plopsas area is about as big as the farm (from the dung heap fence. to the entrance to storybook land and up to the monorail track) They could dig down so it's not so high, they could of put it around the back of the towers and left the farm as it was.
It just seems like such a waste.

You can tell it will be half arsed from the attractions they are choosing to keep. That boat ride is well past it's sell by date and is probably one of the cheapest attractions at towers and they chose to keep it? Mutiny Bay was a good re-theme and the tea-cups was well executed but this was a popular ride anyway so keeping it made sense.

I'd prefer them to use this IP properly elsewhere if they could build a warehouse there and keep the farm as it was.

:D :D

Towers struggle to get permission for buildings on the site, they make a bigger visual impact on the landscape. There is a reason the GDO allowed Spinball but doesn't allow a 10m by 10m building.

I personally think ITNG would be better suited to a dark ride in the Bish Bash building (you could get a compact transit system in there). But the ride system on eye spy is one most big parks have (the ever present EP has two sedate boat rides), so i;m happy with it staying.

As always it depends on execution but i am optimistic about the fact the area seems to have an "experience" element to it... Not just rides.

So erm, ride logos on the CBeebies Land mini site:

nightgardenIcon.png

MrBloomIcon.png

somethingspecialIcon.png

I'm not sure if they've been posted already. They've certainly chosen some very straightforward names.

I think they're meant to be simple on purpose as it's a kid's area and children will want to recognise their favourite TV show instantly in the name of a ride. :)

Yehys, although children ain't stupid as people seem to think! :twirly:

electricBlll said:
Yehys, although children ain't stupid as people seem to think! :twirly:

Obviously I didn't mean it like that. If you look at children's attractions around different theme parks, you'll see that they all carry names that link with the brand. Look at Blackpool and Drayton with their kid's areas for example. They all include the name of the show in them so children can recognise the programme.

The names and logos could've been done with more imagination but I'm just giving a possible reason as to why they seem quite basic and unimaginative to us.

Thing is I suppose we don't know exactly what Towers have control over and what the BBC have control over. I'd imagine that the BBC had a large input in the names of the rides to ensure that they reflect the brands in the correct and appropriate manner. I could be wrong though.

electricBlll said:

nightgardenIcon.png

The other logos look nice visually. Simple although designed well.

That though. What the hell? Looks like something you see on a word document with clipart.

Let's not forget, this area is aimed squarely at families with children in Y1 or lower. We're talking up to age 6.

The marketing for CBeebies will be targeted at the lowest ages that the resort has aimed at in a long, long time. This is way under Mutiny Bay.

As it is, kids aged 0-6 simply want to see their favourite characters and the TV shows. The BBC will also want complete consistency with the channel brand.

James said:
electricBlll said:

nightgardenIcon.png

The other logos look nice visually. Simple although designed well.

That though. What the hell? Looks like something you see on a word document with clipart.

It looks like the Premium Merlin Annual Pass background with some white text over it to me! :p

Some spectacular wording in the mini-site FAQs:

Where is CBeebies Land?

As you enter the Theme Park through the turnstiles onto Towers Street, CBeebies Land is at the bottom of the street on the ride hand side, just past Corner Coffee.

...and I didn't realise but the big top/tent thing will be known as 'Big Fun Show Time'.

Oh Towers, when will you learn to spell check?

In the night garden seems well suited to a boat ride as it's about what iggle piggle dreams about whilst he sleeps in his boat whilst in the middle of the ocean far away from land.
It's characters have some of the best names seen in a children's programme since pug wash. ;D

The plain logos are quite plain to match the original fonts and I'm sure this is due to BBC approval although that is just my opinion.
All of what I've seen so far seems to cover the newer popular programmes so I can't see spot being in there anywhere.
I'm guessing nutty squirrel ride could end up being something to do with chuggington.

Interestingly Towers marketing an attraction which is aimed towards visitors who don't actually pay to enter the park!

Could we see an end to the 'under 4's go free' moving towards a £5 charge?