• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBeebies Land

Re: 2014: CBeebies Land

They work this on the basis though of the adults having to pay to enter the park. Plus families tend to spend more on park with food, drink and merchandise - far more than the teen market does I would assume.

James said:
They work this on the basis though of the adults having to pay to enter the park. Plus families tend to spend more on park with food, drink and merchandise - far more than the teen market does I would assume.
A fact shown by Thorpe's sudden realisation they need to attract more families. There's no money in attracting teens, they don't spend enough. If you have a family visiting they are more likely to stop often for food and drink, buy merchandise for their kids and of course you will usually also get 2 adults entering with each child too.

Essentially, the under 4 will be free - but the amount spent on them within the park will be far greater than that spent by your average 16-25 year old.

Rob said:
Oh Towers, when will you learn to spell check?

:)

It was spelt right, just the wrong word. I think they need to learn to proof read things first :p

Johno said:
Interestingly Towers marketing an attraction which is aimed towards visitors who don't actually pay to enter the park!

Could we see an end to the 'under 4's go free' moving towards a £5 charge?

Pester Power is probably one of the strongest methods of advertising, hence why most Disney adverts focus on the children wanting to go or them being surprised with a trip there...

Show the advert, kids see it, ask parents until they give in (time may vary) and boom, people visit... I wouldn't be surprised if it even gets some airtime on the channel itself closer to opening...

Here's the next clue:

1526145_274955015989051_962392140_n.jpg

According to the parents, it's Nina and the Neurons:

nina.jpg

Without knowing the context or anything about the show, I'd still take a guess that could be Bish Bash's new theme.

That's a good guess.

It's a science type show so the Bish Bash building suits the show perfectly. I hope some extra things get added to the Bish Bash building. It has the potential to have a lot more than just the foam ball machines.

1525693_275480382603181_2000040564_n.jpg

Nina’s Science Lab brings together Nina’s well-loved Neurons and shows how they control your 5 senses. Children will be able to learn about their amazing bodies and what they do in this hands-on scientific attraction.

If this is the Bish Bash re-theme, I'll be really disappointed if the whole concept of the original attraction no longer remains.

Nothing better than the 'feel' of a foam ball gun. ;)

I can also see this becoming some sort of show on the stage. It seems like they'll be missing an opportunity if they don't have the 5 Neurons dancing on stage to some 'sciencey' music!

Haven't they completely gutted the Berry Bish Bash building? I thought they had. Or does the equipment for the ball guns etc still remain? I have a feeling that there will be something completely different in that building.

They'd gutted it and were working with lots of wood when I took a look at the start of October, although I had remained hopeful they were just installing a brand new theme and guns. Sadly this doesn't appear to be the case.

Out of all the attractions in the Farm that really needed refreshing, I thought Bish Bash didn't need anything to happen to it other than updating it with the theme of CBeebies in some way. I'm gutted to see it go, but I can't find any reasons to slate its replacement either if the target audience enjoy it.

Danny said:
1525693_275480382603181_2000040564_n.jpg

Nina’s Science Lab brings together Nina’s well-loved Neurons and shows how they control your 5 senses. Children will be able to learn about their amazing bodies and what they do in this hands-on scientific attraction.

If this is the Bish Bash re-theme, I'll be really disappointed if the whole concept of the original attraction no longer remains.

Called it!

Going from that concept art; it looks like we may be seeing some actors/themed attraction staff present within the building!

This could not necessarily mean the end of the Foam Ball Blasters, there could be a possibility that the attraction is small enough to fit in the Singing Barn or something? They have a lot of space in that farm if you take out all the animals. So Berry Bish Bash may remain with a total new theme, perhaps Big Cook Little Cooks food fight or something?

Themeparkmania said:
This could not necessarily mean the end of the Foam Ball Blasters, there could be a possibility that the attraction is small enough to fit in the Singing Barn or something? They have a lot of space in that farm if you take out all the animals.

I thought the singing barn as being turned into a shop.

Themeparkmania said:
So Berry Bish Bash may remain with a total new theme, perhaps Big Cook Little Cooks food fight or something?

I don't even think BCLC is on any more. :(

The singing barn is indeed the location given on the plans for the shop.

so far I have been much more impressed than what I initially expected to happen (just a cheap re-theme with a few new signs etc) looks like more effort is being put into this development than many projects we have seen in recent years, even down to the mini site for the attraction.

I like the fact that they are not just adding a new kids area with alot of standard Zamperla rides but these unique experiences they seem to be adding will hopefully deliver much more for the kids than just one of those Zamperla crazy bus rides for example.

While yes it could always be 10 times better and we could compare to maya land etc, for what I have seen and heard it should be comparable to the other UK kids areas built in recent years and offer unique experiences rather just another Thomas land with a different theme(lets hope the execution is as good as what's on paper, which I know doesn't always happen with alton)

If they get this right 2014 should be one their best ever (along as the weather isn't like 2012!) with the similar still attracting thrill seekers and this having mass appeal to families with small kids, something Alton haven't targeted for many years, and when you read comments of why families don't visit its often as think nothing for under 5's to do and this addition goes someway to fix that perception.

Does anyone know what the budget it for this project? certainly seems like more being spent than normally would on what should be a low investment year. Hopefully followed up in 2015 with a new kids coaster and a thrill flat or two to replace some of the parks aging flat rides.

I've just had a thought. Towers could easily move the Frog Hopper ride into CBeebies Land, and re-theme it to a CBeebies bug instead of a frog!

There's only question surrounding this entire investment, for Towers, the BBC, enthusiasts and visitors alike; is this as good as Thomas Land? So far, I do not believe so. "Cheap Zamperla rides" are cheap and are Zamperla but ultimately, they are rides, something which Thomas Land has hoardes of and something which this project currently seems to be lacking.