• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBeebies Land

Re: 2014: CBeebies Land

Why have they painted the temporary fencing between the new area and Spinball yellow? Surely they're not going to leave it like that? Seems a shame as the rest of the white picket fencing surrounding the area looks quite good.

Josh said:
Why have they painted the temporary fencing between the new area and Spinball yellow? Surely they're not going to leave it like that? Seems a shame as the rest of the white picket fencing surrounding the area looks quite good.

Because its not temporary fencing.

Surely they could have just continued the white picket fence around the whole area to make it look nice though? Unless they are planning a second phase next year which will absorb adventure land into the CBeebies area. Then at least they could take down that god awful fence :p

Josh said:
Surely they could have just continued the white picket fence around the whole area to make it look nice though? Unless they are planning a second phase next year which will absorb adventure land into the CBeebies area. Then at least they could take down that god awful fence :p

I would hope they do extend out into the north of adventure land, they can use the Beastie site for a ride and replace the play area. If Spinball stays maybe it could be themed to a CBBC character so although its not really CBeebies it wouldn't feel too out of place?

I'm sure it has crossed other people's minds: what will happen if things go wrong?
What if capacity is an issue? What if stuff isn't running? What if queues go on for hours?

As TheMan says - parent hell!

You see bad reviews for parks all the time, I remember a particularly scathing one for Chessington, but that involved school-age kids. If it involves really young children I can imagine it making an even bigger impact on the news than the one-paragraph articles on 'Smiler falls to bits'.

I really hope Alton have this all thought through. I can imagine the space becoming very crowded and cramped...queues for children's rides (hard to imagine!), queues outside the area...will Alton go as far as selling priority entry?

I know parents can be very ruthless, I've heard countless stories just in my office about parents feigning a disability for their child just to push them further through the queue or to skip the queue entirely. Wasn't there a fight that broke out in Legoland over a long queue for the pirate ship?

I am not trying to be negative, I really hope this all works out, I just can't help be worried that the target audience (and most importantly their parents) might be considerably harder to please than us moany old enthusiasts.

I can already see the horrendously long queues to get into CBeebies Land during the summer. I'd imagine the capacity of the area will be less than the amount of people who come to visit. Will be very interesting to see how they do manage it all and keep everyone happy on peak days.

:)

I imagine the area really will struggle, the farm used to on a busy day, with the tractor ride often having its full queue used, and the same with squirrel nutty. I'm sure the area is sure to be a big hit! Thomas Land has the same problem, you go on a busy day and all the rides are packed, it doesn't help that the majority of childrens rides have such low capacity.

In terms of that yellow fence near Squirrel Nutty, as far as I can tell it is a permanent fence, as there would be no reason for them to dig holes and paint a fence if it was only temporary, however it does look pretty horrible from outside (near Sonic) and also from the inside, I certainly hope they give it another paint coat and add some banners or something. I think the plan will be to expand the area next year or the year after into the Beastie site, so the fence won't be there forever.

I would have thought that the area itself will have a capacity and that once it is hit there will simply be a 'one in one out' policy enforced. This would make sense based on the single entrance and single exit on the map.

While this may cause frustration for those Queueing to get in, it will hopefully limit congestion and queues inside the land.

Remains to be seen if this is what actually happens, though it would be sensible.

Capacity is the one thing I am very concerned about.

Squirrel nutty used to get 60min queues regularly as it's throughput is so low, tractors had horrid throughputs and doodle do was hardly excessive. I'm sure the area can get a few thousand in it but I worry lots of tears will be had stood in huge queues for rides.

Laura said:
I know parents can be very ruthless, I've heard countless stories just in my office about parents feigning a disability for their child just to push them further through the queue or to skip the queue entirely.

then it has an impact on the kids with disabilities. However fair do to alton towers, they do have a system to try and weed out these people that fake disability for the sake of queue jumping.

Having never properly visited the farmyard, I can't honestly say I know much about the area's capacity. But from what I have experienced from similar rides at other parks, I expect the queues will be massive.

If Tiny Truckers at Chessington is anything to go by, then Postman Pat's queues will exceed and hour in no time. 150pph!!! But I suppose that's why they're rebuilding the ride system, to fit more carts on the track.

The only attraction I can see having a decent throughput is In the Night Garden.

On the subject of the fence, I reckon that will stay until Spinball goes, when the area will be expanded with a major attraction on the site.

Mike the Knight will take a break from his world of marvellous medieval missions, castles, dragons and trolls to meet and greet his fans on Monday 14th and Tuesday 15th April. The energetic and cheeky young knight-in-training loves to help others and, along the way, be the best knight he can be. So ‘be a knight and do it right’ to find out all about his enchanted adventures around the Kingdom of Glendragon.

I noticed this posted on Drayton Manor's Facebook page the other day, interesting to see a park so close to Towers also having Mike the Knight, even if it is just a costume character for a limited time.

Indeed, the advert is being filmed today:

1897701_693229534057440_2785448046734087685_n.jpg

Picture credit to AT Instagram

That photo makes the entrance to the area look really nice actually, especially with all the new planting!

:)

It's the Alton 'blue screens of bad CGI'!

It's the middle class sleeveless V neck jumper of 2.5 children family alpha male too...

At least they're actually filming it on location rather than plonked in a hidden studio somewhere. I wonder if they'll leave the entrance exposed now or hide it again once the filming is done?

No doubt BBC are in charge of the advert. Or at least in charge of how it should be made.

I'd guess they will hide the entrance although it would be nice if they just blocked the entrance into the area and left it exposed for guests to see.