• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBeebies Land

Re: 2014: CBeebies Land

Yeah the promo in Sainsburys is only for specific dates in July(?) I think.

See the picture on TS Facebook for the Ts and Cs where it mentions it.

Not sure if anyone was aware of this yet but a new advert for CBeebies Land has popped up on Vimeo. It includes the footage that aaas filmed the other month and follows on from the existing style used for the Towers adverts since 2012.

https://vimeo.com/94413607

Nice advert, not sure about the music at the end and I'm not a particular fan of the voiceover.

I also find it weird that 50% of the advert is taken up by some pointless photograph being taken (when actually, product always sells) should eb the priority.

I have no doubt that this is the real deal.

I quite like this advert actually. The style of it seems to bring the 'magic' back a bit for me.

Johno said:
I also find it weird that 50% of the advert is taken up by some pointless photograph being taken (when actually, product always sells) should eb the priority.

I don't have a problem with the photograph bit at the beginning, at least there's some CBoobies characters behind them. And with regards to the music at the end, being a musician, it seems to be out of key and the first part of the last 5 seconds just sounds atrocious.

Good to see they're not using that appalling image of In the Night Garden again, this is much better!

FnjMZ2h.jpg

Although I'll give it 'til the end of June before the water colour is nothing like that.

I really like that advert actually. It really brings back the magic. :D My only fault is the stupid shape of the towers in the photo part, why the hell do they always have to look wacky??

I applaud everyone who had input on that advert, it works in every crucial aspect.

BenBowser said:
why the hell do they always have to look wacky??

It's quirky, quintessentially Alton Towers. Same goes for the photograph part really. It's over the top, memorable, embeds into your mind. By this wacky, over the top world being shown it represents Towers as a fun, colourful place to be at.

Visually Alton Towers adverts have always been on top form. The only thing that irritates me are the loud voiceovers. Would be nice to see long adverts make a return one day (1 minute or more), I find since they've done 30 second ones the voiceover comes in too quick or they come in at the end and talk so fast you're trying to concentrate on their voice and get lost with the visual material.

Good advert though, in-keeping with the current brand! Although I would like to see a change of direction in a year or two.

Tom.B said:
I quite like this advert actually. The style of it seems to bring the 'magic' back a bit for me.

Johno said:

I don't have a problem with the photograph bit at the beginning, at least there's some CBoobies characters behind them. And with regards to the music at the end, being a musician, it seems to be out of key and the first part of the last 5 seconds just sounds atrocious.

Good to see they're not using that appalling image of In the Night Garden again, this is much better!

FnjMZ2h.jpg

Although I'll give it 'til the end of June before the water colour is nothing like that.

I see they went a little over the top with the colour saturation slider in Final Cut :p

I'm actually very relieved by that advert! I had images in my head of it being somewhat off brand and not using ITHOTMK just so it fits in with what BBC may want. It's still very much a Towers ad which is great!

:)

thefatone said:
Very good advert I believe.

It's a game of spot Mr Cliff too! Anyone else see him? ;)

Yup! The guy on the right hand side of the CBoobies Land entrance between 00:13 - 00:15 :D

thefatone said:
Very good advert I believe.

It's a game of spot Mr Cliff too! Anyone else see him? ;)

I'm guessing it just wasn't working out for him with the Ministry Of Joy, so he has now moved to a more happier place :)

or Maybe CBeebies is the MoJ's attempt at getting the children of the nation brainwashed...

... Where is my tinfoil hat?

To be fair you could have replaced the Dung Heap with a car park and it would have been better themed :p But yes it does look very good and so much better than before, even with the themed fences rather than a boring fence like before.

Hard to tell exactly what it's like as those photos focus more on the flooring but that does look like a vast improvement. It actually looks somewhat appealing now!

:)

You can see some of the Tree-Fu Tom theming through the trees as you drive up Farley lane, it looks awesome! :)

It's good to know that they've retained the swing of death from the Dung Heap!