• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBeebies Land

Thank you, I'm doing a dissertation and the Alton Towers fairground is being used as part of it, just trying to find out if the sound created by that attraction is more or less disturbing as the Big top tent shows used to be.

When they demolished the big top and created the marquee and green area, noise barriers were installed around the perimeter of the area, so I would assume noise levels are far less than when the ice shows were there.

Not sure if this would be of any use to you, there's the noise report and some more information about the noise barriers on the planning application (submitted in 2013).
http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=18704

Cheers James, It's helped me out as I'm currently drowning in web browser full of academic journals, attendance results and about just about everything to do with Theme parks and attractions stretching from Disney California to Efteling. Ta!

Disturbing as in distressing or upsetting. Disrupting the natural countryside ambience leading to a disturbance for wildlife and those in the potential audible reach of the attraction. The former big top from what I personally experienced was a noise nuisance to the area outside of the park gates and beyond (depending on weather and other factors).

There is a huge glaring omission in Cbeebies Land, and that is Hey Duggee. It's a joy and has broader appeal than the toddlers it is supposed to be aimed at.

It feels like it would lend itself really well to interpretation into a ride. The whole thing is simple blocky graphics so can be relatively cheaply recreated in the real world, the structure of the program is easily transferable into scenes, each one based on a different badge being earned, and the potential for merch is huge.

I don't know how the Cbeebies licencing works, but if it's available it should be a must.

There is a huge glaring omission in Cbeebies Land, and that is Hey Duggee. It's a joy and has broader appeal than the toddlers it is supposed to be aimed at.

It feels like it would lend itself really well to interpretation into a ride. The whole thing is simple blocky graphics so can be relatively cheaply recreated in the real world, the structure of the program is easily transferable into scenes, each one based on a different badge being earned, and the potential for merch is huge.

I don't know how the Cbeebies licencing works, but if it's available it should be a must.
They are already using Hey Duggie as a show, could work as a track or boat ride.

Ah, didn't know that. Seems like a lot more could be done with that IP. At least that shows its available to use.

I think it does make most sense as a show. Not sure what else they could do with Hey Duggee as a ride doesn’t feel right. Maybe some kind of badge collection round the park to learn about things?

I think it does make most sense as a show. Not sure what else they could do with Hey Duggee as a ride doesn’t feel right. Maybe some kind of badge collection round the park to learn about things?
A dark ride with different scenes for different badges might work? Maybe something along the lines of Gangsta Granny, but for younger children?

That’s the problem with CBeebies land my son who’s 1 watches it now and except the night garden, Charlie and Lora and anything to do with Justin Fletcher the other shows/rides are not on there now or just on the Iplayer. That’s why Thomasland and Peppa pig world work best as the main characters stay the same but CBeebies programs only really last a couple of years.

That’s the problem with CBeebies land my son who’s 1 watches it now and except the night garden, Charlie and Lora and anything to do with Justin Fletcher the other shows/rides are not on there now or just on the Iplayer. That’s why Thomasland and Peppa pig world work best as the main characters stay the same but CBeebies programs only really last a couple of years.
Mr Bloom definitely needs to go but otherwise I can't think of any others that aren't shown anymore.

That’s always going to the be the issue with a land based on a channel compared to a popular show. It showed with Nina and the science lab and the numtums. So unless towers want to keep spending money, they will be left with rides that kids don’t even know what they are.

I think the same applies to Nick Land at Blackpool.

Postman Pat and Furchester are definitely still showing.

Charlie and Lola and Furchester are certainly both on regularly. Tree Fu Tom comes and goes from the rota, certainly within the last few months.

I've not seen Postman Pat once in the nearly two years I've been watching.

Waffle the Wonder Dog is one of my favourites, but I can't see how they could make anything much if that in a themepark.

From my knowledge, I think most of the shows featured in CBeebies Land are still shown on CBeebies in some capacity.

Remember, the BBC will be ensuring that Alton Towers keeps the area up to date and well maintained; they won’t want CBeebies Land to be an out-of-date representation of their channel! We’ve already seen Numtums Number-Go-Round get rethemed, along with Nina’s Science Lab being removed (what was that eventually replaced with, or was it just not replaced?), so there is clearly some drive to keep the area up to date and relevant.