• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBeebies Land

Re: 2014: CBeebies Land

There are plenty of better manufacturers out there who make flat rides (kiddie and thrill) which don't fall to pieces anyway. A company like Merlin, with the type of parks it operates, doesn't need anything from Zamperla.

For the older children in the age bracket, I would say that there are numerous other rides to go on throughout the park. There's frog hopper, Charlie (for all ages I would say), Ice Age (even if they don't know the films, they'll love the snow) and maybe the 6 year olds will be able to get on Twirling Toadstool. Then I would say 4-6 year olds could have a go on RMT too. Then take into account the queues that CBeebies land will probably have, eating food at lunch, the walks to the other areas and you probably have a full day of theme park-ing.The younger ones can do the shows and a few re-rides and they've probably got a full day. I think it'll be enough for one season, and I definitely don't want any Zamperlas, they would only cheapen the area for me, which would be a shame given the investment.

Plus, when they add the kiddie coaster next year, when children see it on TV they'll be bugging their parents to take them again.

I think ride wise along with a kids coaster I would like to have seen something like a themed dumbo ride from zierer, they also made the one fish, two fish ride at IOA and similar versions at other parks that incorporate water jets to miss along with a themed song.

I also hope with a kids coaster they don't fall not the trap of adding a small zamperla kids coaster but instead go for one like the one in Thomas land or a small Vekoma rollerscater or even the small version inverted rollerscater (movie land Germany) or mack youngstar. Some of those do border being family coasters but they all offer smallish versions.

CupCakeMonster said:
...and maybe the 6 year olds will be able to get on Twirling Toadstool.

Toadstool is one scary ride, seriously, only for EXTREMELY BRAVE 6 year old's ;)

Towers doesn't need to add pointless rides I don't think, the hardware they already have is fine.
Throughput will always be an issue with new additions/attractions, but after the initial high, I'm sure cBeebies land will cope well enough with the ques.

Isn't this meant to have loads of activity tents as well as the big show?

With the 4 announced attractions, only 3 so far are replacing something, so there's something completely new... And 3 of the 4 attractions are brand new things rather than a retheme...

Whilst Thomas Land does have about 50 rides in the area, it also makes it rather hellish when busy due to the lack of large pathways... It's a balance that clearly Towers and BBC have looked at and gone more on a focus of edu-tainment stuff over rides... Probably due to the BBC but it's not something that I think is a bad thing for the park...

1524846_10152097952666201_1673503642_n.jpg

Next image, apparently its Justin's House

4CUM_H.jpg

Alastair said:
I'm glad they aren't succumbing to the Zamperla flats - they're frankly vile however much they might represent new rides. Also, there are about 100 clones of them in this country alone given every other park outside of Merlin only cares for kids anyway. I just hope that they are still considering thrill flats for 2015 instead of concentrating all the money into CBeebies - as neglecting thrill flats for another year would not go down well.

Zamperla's coasters leave a lot to be desired but I think their flat rides actually aren't that bad, in fact they have some pretty decent ones. In terms of thrill flats, they make the Power Surge and the Air Race. As for family rides, they produce crowd pleasers such as the Disko. When it comes to kiddie rides, they have rides such as the Rockin' Tug and the Crazy Bus.

I think it's important to remember that Zamperla have a very wide product range and that not all of their products are cheap and bottom-of-the-range. Incidentally, the cheap rides they do produce aren't necessarily a bad thing as they allow smaller parks to buy new rides that they otherwise wouldn't be able to afford. I do accept that these aren't really suitable for a park such as Alton though.

jh2_00172.jpg

That looks like a feminine Oscar the Grouch! :p

Oscar_the_Grouch_1.jpg

CGM said:
Alastair said:
I'm glad they aren't succumbing to the Zamperla flats - they're frankly vile however much they might represent new rides. Also, there are about 100 clones of them in this country alone given every other park outside of Merlin only cares for kids anyway. I just hope that they are still considering thrill flats for 2015 instead of concentrating all the money into CBeebies - as neglecting thrill flats for another year would not go down well.

Zamperla's coasters leave a lot to be desired but I think their flat rides actually aren't that bad, in fact they have some pretty decent ones. In terms of thrill flats, they make the Power Surge and the Air Race. As for family rides, they produce crowd pleasers such as the Disko. When it comes to kiddie rides, they have rides such as the Rockin' Tug and the Crazy Bus.

I think it's important to remember that Zamperla have a very wide product range and that not all of their products are cheap and bottom-of-the-range. Incidentally, the cheap rides they do produce aren't necessarily a bad thing as they allow smaller parks to buy new rides that they otherwise wouldn't be able to afford. I do accept that these aren't really suitable for a park such as Alton though.

Their rides aren't terribly reliable though. There's an endless list of fault reports online for various Zamperla creations (the Balloon Race, Disko Coasters and the Crazy Bus being the most notable).

Regarding the "spread" of this area into where Beastie used to stand and where Sonic currently resides, could this not incorporate Sonic at a later stage?

Perhaps this could expand beyond CBeebies and incorporate CBBC for older children and amalgamate the two into one kids BBC themed land that roughly splits down the middle. I'm not sure if this has been raised or not before, just a thought that occurred to me. :)

Towers have made it clear they one day want Spinball gone or at least removed from the area so I cannot see it being incorporated into the area (even if CBBC came into it).

Oh, I know what's been said, but I also know what Towers and Merlin are like. Plus the IP runs out at some point doesn't it?

Yeah true. :p IP ran out last year. Has been extended presumably for 1 further year (mentioned on another page).

While we know what they can be like with going back on initial plans (in fact, shouldn't Spinball be gone by now?) I can still see them removing it within the next decade. They know it's an eyesore and doesn't do the view as you enter the park any good so I'm sure they will remove (or move) it some time in the near future.

I still believe they will remove Spinball when they want to install SW8 or another big project elsewhere in the park.

If I remember Justins house it was like a slapstick live show with a studio audience. I imagine this might be the big show that replaces the ice tent. it's got puppets and the other actors could be replaced with normal actors dressed up. Justin will probably be a video that is played to match the action.

In case anyone hasn't noticed. Justin is also 'Mr Tumble'

:) :)

So we are planning to have the first TST meet scheduled for 24th July? :p

Ian

'Cherry' Bish Bash anyone?

New: Justin's House: Pie-O-Matic Factory - re-themed Berry Bish Bash

"Justin’s House: Pie-O-Matic Factory is a madcap attraction allowing indoor active play where life really is a bowl of cherries. Test out Robert’s inventions as you help Justin, Robert and Little Monster make the best custard pies ever. But watch out Mums and Dads there’s only one rule; there are no rules!"

bi54xe.jpg

A huge sigh of relief from me. Although now I'm left without a clue of where the Nina's Science Lab will be located. Could they share the same building seeing as it looked like the original structure was set to be extended on the plans?

Also, a look at the re-themed Squirrel Nutty as posted on the website:

header-getsetgo.jpg

Wake Up! The "Get, Set Go!" ride is a great place for families to begin their day at CBeebies Land. Offering a view of the whole area and encouraging creative and imaginative play, wake up the sleeping bugs in the CBeebies House with plenty of fun to be had on this ride.

Has anyone else noticed the late opening times for some CBeebies Land attractions on the Alton Towers website?

"Get Set Go, Justin's House and Nina's Science Lab open at 11:00am daily and close when the Theme Park closes, please check Theme Park closing times before you visit."

All other attractions open at 10:00am

Probably to save on staffing costs (assuming it will have ents people milling about it)...

With Bish Bash staying it does mean 3 brand new attractions though (Sensory Garden, Allotment and Nina)... Which is good to see...

I am really liking Get, Set Go!

It has that Alton Towers feel to it, I think its the purple. I think the new ride vehicles are going to look good as well.

I just hope the ride vehicles are completely new, and not just repainted.

Ian