• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBeebies Land

Re: 2014: CBeebies Land

CoasterCrazyChris said:
I've just realised looking closely at the promo image for the rethemed Squirrel Nutty it will actually be called 'Tree Top Adventure' and not 'Get Set, Go' like previously mentioned.

:)

The logo shown in the promo image above the entrance is this:

carousel-rides-getsetgo.png

Wilsy said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
I've just realised looking closely at the promo image for the rethemed Squirrel Nutty it will actually be called 'Tree Top Adventure' and not 'Get Set, Go' like previously mentioned.

The logo shown in the promo image above the entrance is this:

carousel-rides-getsetgo.png

Ahh. I couldn't see the yellow text in the image.

I think the ride will end up being referred to as Tree Top Adventure or "Tree Tops" anyway.

Spotted TTF's latest FB post which said Alton Towers have released a full attraction list:

Postman Pat’s Parcel Post
In the Night Garden Magical Boat Ride
Mr Bloom’s Allotment
Get Set Go Tree Top Adventure
Something Special Sensory Garden
Justin’s House Pie-O-Matic Factory
Nina’s Science Lab
Charlie & Lola’s Moonsquirters and Greendrops
The Numtums Number-Go-Round
Tree Fu Tom Training Camp
Big Fun Show Time
CBeebies Photo Studio

Here's the full press release:

Alton Towers Resort has unveiled further details of the rides, attractions and characters to feature in CBeebies Land. Opening on 24 May 2014, the new area of the resort will feature some of CBeebies’ best-loved characters and shows including Something Special, In the Night Garden, Tree Fu Tom and Mr Bloom’s Nursery.

CBeebies Land will include rides, immersive play areas, live experiences, character appearances and will be a fun and safe environment for pre-schoolers to play and learn. Discover the Something Special Sensory Garden, or set sail through the In the Night Garden Magical Boat Ride to see if you can spot Igglepiggle, Upsy Daisy and Makka Pakka. And it’ll be mayhem in Justin’s House where Justin and Robert need help to put the cherry on top of the perfect custard pie with the Pie-o-matic 5000. Justin’s House is a madcap attraction allowing indoor active play. Test out Robert’s inventions as you help Justin, Robert and Little Monster make the best custard pies ever!

There’ll also be a chance to meet The Veggies in Mr Bloom’s Allotment; learn about the our five senses in the Nina’s Science Lab; get delivering with Postman Pat’s Parcel Post; practice Tree Fu magic moves in Tree Fu Tom’s Training Camp; drive a Numtum Cart in the Numtums Number-Go-Round and enter the imaginative world of Charlie & Lola’s Moonsquirters and Greendrops.

CBeebies Land also features The Big Fun ShowTime pavilion which will host live experiences and entertainment including shows from Mike the Knight, The ZingZillas and Nina & The Neurons. Throughout the park, children will have opportunities to meet their favourite characters from In the Night Garden, Postman Pat, Mike the Knight, The ZingZillas and Tree Fu Tom.

The attraction will be updated with new content, while a varied programme of events will run alongside the main attractions ensuring that no two visits to CBeebies Land will be the same.

CBeebies Land opens at the Alton Towers Resort on 24 May 2014. Visit www.cbeebiesland.com for more information and to book tickets. Follow @cbeebiesland on Twitter or Facebook.com/cbeebiesland for the latest news.

-ENDS-
Notes to editors

Full list of attractions within CBeebies Land:

Mr Bloom’s Allotment

Nina’s Science Lab

Big Fun Show Time

CBeebies Photo Studio

Indeed, this is from the press release that has been released today:

Alton Towers Press Release said:
Alton Towers Resort has unveiled further details of the rides, attractions and characters to feature in CBeebies Land. Opening on 24 May 2014, the new area of the resort will feature some of CBeebies’ best-loved characters and shows including Something Special, In the Night Garden, Tree Fu Tom and Mr Bloom’s Nursery.

CBeebies Land will include rides, immersive play areas, live experiences, character appearances and will be a fun and safe environment for pre-schoolers to play and learn. Discover the Something Special Sensory Garden, or set sail through the In the Night Garden Magical Boat Ride to see if you can spot Igglepiggle, Upsy Daisy and Makka Pakka. And it’ll be mayhem in Justin’s House where Justin and Robert need help to put the cherry on top of the perfect custard pie with the Pie-o-matic 5000. Justin’s House is a madcap attraction allowing indoor active play. Test out Robert’s inventions as you help Justin, Robert and Little Monster make the best custard pies ever!

There’ll also be a chance to meet The Veggies in Mr Bloom’s Allotment; learn about the our five senses in the Nina’s Science Lab; get delivering with Postman Pat’s Parcel Post; practice Tree Fu magic moves in Tree Fu Tom’s Training Camp; drive a Numtum Cart in the Numtums Number-Go-Round and enter the imaginative world of Charlie & Lola’s Moonsquirters and Greendrops.

CBeebies Land also features The Big Fun ShowTime pavilion which will host live experiences and entertainment including shows from Mike the Knight, The ZingZillas and Nina & The Neurons. Throughout the park, children will have opportunities to meet their favourite characters from In the Night Garden, Postman Pat, Mike the Knight, The ZingZillas and Tree Fu Tom.

The attraction will be updated with new content, while a varied programme of events will run alongside the main attractions ensuring that no two visits to CBeebies Land will be the same.

CBeebies Land opens at the Alton Towers Resort on 24 May 2014. Visit www.cbeebiesland.com for more information and to book tickets. Follow @cbeebiesland on Twitter or Facebook.com/cbeebiesland for the latest news.

-ENDS-

Notes to editors

Full list of attractions within CBeebies Land:

Mr Bloom’s Allotment
Nina’s Science Lab
Big Fun Show Time
CBeebies Photo Studio

There clearly is an emphasis on keeping CBeebies land updated, not only over a longer run of time but throughout the season. That is a good thing, I just hope it doesn't mean Towers lose creativity when it comes to new attractions; i.e. whenever they're not sure what to do they just add or change something in CBeebies Land.

EDIT: Literally just beaten by Scott, damn you!! :p

I'm really excited about this land. The great thing about this land as opposed to Thomas or Peppa Pig is that it's multi-IP so there are loads of different types of characters and activities to get involved with which does leave itself to be refreshed with new shows or IPs over the years. Essentially, it could go on forever! I can not wait to bring my little girl to see this.

It actually all sounds rather good.

I think they would have been better off releasing all the information in one go rather than the gradual reveal which gave a rather underwhelming first impression of the investment.

Now it just remains to be seen whether they can pull it off in terms of final quality.

Charlie & Lola is about the other other show I know...

6 brand new attractions then... That's a lot more than I think many of us were expecting...

The Numtums thing is most likely going to be Doodle Doo Derby's new theme.

This is going to cement that family pound.

I am looking forward to having a mooch around this. It sounds of exceptional quality so far, and I definitely am not as concerned in regards attractions as I was initially. IF they get this right, it will be a proper magical little place for the nippers!

After being on holiday all week I have only just caught up with all this!

I have to say i'm a lot more excited (as I can be for a kids new area :p) for this project than I was a few months ago. I just expected the current rides to have new names, repainted and some characters around them. However we seem to be getting that, but with much more, along with the new rides/attractions and the new shows it should be a great area.

I can't wait to the park opens in February to see the changes that have happened. It will be nice to see the area looking fresh and new, rather than the tired and worn out feeling it has had for far too long.

As for in the night garden, I watched an episode of it the other day and it seems to be the strangest show ever, but I cant wait to ride it!

Anyway here are some photos taken last Sunday from the Christmas event on park, showing a few updates of the area:

1601350_592658810804567_1777354221_n.jpg

1526422_592658824137899_1170776947_n.jpg

1511296_592658814137900_599987921_n.jpg

1555577_592659184137863_536369174_n.jpg

1525421_592659217471193_566286430_n.jpg

1601196_592663154137466_120675029_n.jpg

If they do play that "Get set, Go!" music, then I will avoid that area of the park like the plague!!!

What's the bet they play it on the monorail and on Towers Street *shudders*. Hopefully it plays a small part in the area. It's a long shot although I'm personally hoping some custom 'generic' music has been created to be played throughout the area, just to give it a real 'all together' feel.

They should just play the Postman Pat theme tune, that would keep me happy. It may be a bit of a problem as it doesn't go with the other characters, but Pat is the best, so I think it's the best solution.

A couple of things I noticed from the CBeebies website that I don't think has been mentioned before:

Complimentary coloured bibs are available for your group to collect from Guest Services for the day. These should help you easily identify your class and keep the group together. In addition, CBeebies Land is surrounded by 1 metre high fences and the entrance/ exits are permanently staffed.

Are these bibs new? I don't think I have seen them before. Also it seems there will be staff at the entrance/exit all the time.

Any lost persons will be taken to the CBeebies Clock Tower which stands at the centre of CBeebies Land. You can ask any member of staff for assistance if you or a member of your group becomes separated.

The current lost child building is the windmill near to the entrance of the farm. If that is still the same place for lost children when it becomes CBeebies land, it seems it will be rethemed as a clock tower.

Shows for the new stage have been revealed:

http://www.altontowers.com/cbeebiesland/explore-the-land/rides-and-attractions/

CBeebies Website said:
carousel-rides-bigfunshowtime.png

header-bigfunshowtime.jpg

Big Fun Show Time

Big Fun ShowTime is an oasis for picnic dwellers and entertainment seekers alike. It’s the living breathing heart of CBeebies Land with a full schedule of events where you can meet and interact with some of CBeebies biggest stars including Mike the Knight, The ZingZillas, Nina and the Neurons and In the Night Garden.

Featured On Stage

Mike the Knight
The Kingdom of Glendragon cordially invites all young knights-in-training to its medieval fair, where everyone can learn how to ‘be a knight, and do it right’! Young knights-in-training will be able to test their archery skills at Mike’s Target Test, hunt for dragon eggs with Sparkie and Squirt or even learn how to cast a spell at Evie’s Wizard Workshop!

The ZingZillas
Zak, Tang, Panzee and Drum are on tour with their Zingtastic music. Children will be able to sing and dance with their favourite primates. The ZingZillas would love to meet you after their show so make sure you stick around to say hello.

Nina and the Neurons
Nina has some special helpers Nancy and Nick who will be hosting some Big Fun ShowTime experiments – with the help of the Neurons of course. Be amazed at the science unveiled before your very eyes!

Wow, I hope Nina is going to be actually there in person as that would be worth the entrance fee on its own. (She does things for me seriously) :*

I bet she won't be though, probably some actress dressed in a white coat. :/

Sounds like it will be her 'special helpers' Nancy and Nick rather than her ;)

Hey guys, about the new stage for CBeebies Land. I think we should make a Nina and the Neuron show, but have two characters that never appeared on the show host it. And how about we add that not at all creepy fetus knight, and what about those monkey from that show about singing monkey muppet rip-offs?
- A Guy who worked at Alton Towers who was later put in a cannon and shot out the window because of what he said. But then they decided to go with his idea. To make it up, they bought some flowers and put it on his grave.

It'd be a logistical nightmare to put someone on tv onto a stage show which'd probably play 3 times or so a day, every single day of the season.

So, having special helpers who haven't appeared on the tv (and therefore can change their appearances every show if needbe) is the best way about it!