• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Cedar Point: General Discussion

All done now!

b3f4495f0c59b42df116ae1228153e85.jpg

HOLY COW, that looks sensational !

Looks absolutely tremendous. Airtime is my drug - may need to check into rehab after a go on this.

It's as if they've taken a bit of everything to create the perfect coaster.

Never go onto a coaster with a "looks like it will become my #1 attitude". I am not saying SV won't be, but it's a dangerous game to play with your brain.

:)

Don't do this for anything really. Don't play a game, read a book, visit a city etc with that attitude, stronger chance you'll end up with disappointment. Sometimes you can meet the anticipation, but rarely.

Now that looks pretty sweet :D The whole style of this ride reminds me of Overwatch for some reason, like with the logo and everything. As for the coaster... well... I'll go with @AstroDan 's philosophy. It seems to look rather perfect, but ... who knows at this stage...there's only one way to test whether this is true or not.... :)

Never go onto a coaster with a "looks like it will become my #1 attitude". I am not saying SV won't be, but it's a dangerous game to play with your brain.

Generally I agree with this - it's the only downside of being a coaster dork. We follow construction updates and read reviews before riding so there are no surprises, good or bad.

Looking at this however there is *surely* no way it will be anything less than mind blowingly amazing. It's got the height, speed and ridiculous first drop followed by a second half of what looks to be packed with relentless ejector airtime.

(No doubt I will be posting back in here calling it overated later in the year) ;)

First little clip of this beast running:

According to Alan Schilke, the second lap of Steel Vengeance is designed to “throw around the rider and make it unmarathonable” and have brutal airtime “up to -2 Gs.”

If that is true, then yes please!

How much does it cost to get to Cedar Point again? I'm, erm, asking for a friend... :p

When I visited (in 2012) it was part of a jaunt round a few cities, I visited Boston, then Baltimore, and then Cedar Point (flew to Cleveland), and then onto Toronto. (Stupidity didn't visit Canadas Wonderland)

The internal flights are pretty cheap in America so I'd suggest doing it as part of a larger holiday, saying that those 5 days in total was comfortably the most expensive part of the holiday.

How much does it cost to get to Cedar Point again? I'm, erm, asking for a friend... :p
Norwegian Airways prices make the trip very realistic for anyone from the UK.

I haven't booked yet but you can get return flights to Chicago or NY for less than £300 return.

Very much looking forward to another trip to the Point this year. We'll probably do a roadtrip from NYC (again :)).

Still not a fan of the name. But the ride looks outrageous.

Great to finally see this beast running!

Also, here is a better look at the trains:

Looks like the upstop wheels are sprung to keep them in contact with the track at all times.