Cedar Point: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rest of the World Parks and Attractions' started by Sam, 7th Jun 2013.

1. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Crux
    Mean Streak was certainly the key ingredient of a brown streak.

RicketyCricket, AstroDan and Funcone like this.
  2. Danny

Danny Gugu Rides’ Number 1 Fan

Favourite Ride:
    Unknown - Parque dos Elefantes
    As confirmed in the latest video by IMAscore, they're partnering with Cedar Point. Here's hoping for a Thorpe Park-esque audio makeover here.

Also, on another entirely unrelated point:

Thanks for linking to this. My copy arrived yesterday and it's been a great read so far, even only a few pages in!

Funcone, Skyscraper and Matt N like this.
  3. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    I like what IMAScore have done with Thorpe Park’s audio, so I look forward to seeing what they can do at Cedar Point!

Skyscraper likes this.
  4. Benjsh

Benjsh TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Lots of rumours that they are getting this world record breaking Gerstlauer coaster for 2022. Most likely being an Infinity coaster too. Absolute madness this place.

I'm so tempted to book a ticket for summer 2022 if this is confirmed soon. I want to get back out and experience SteVe again as well as Dragster, MF and Magnum.

Skyscraper likes this.
  5. John_P

John_P TowersStreet Member

I'm going back next summer so I can't wait.

Just can't see it being any parks in the Cedar Fair chain, they've said they aren't planning any major investments currently. They aren't even opening parks in parts of the country were local rival parks have.

Plus some random website making this announcement isn't the way they do things. I mean Steel Vengeance was in the middle of construction and they wouldn't say anything.

Skyscraper likes this.
  6. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    I've moved some of the posts in this thread to the thread about the new record breaking Gerstlauer for 2022. Until we know which park it is going to they are more relevant to that thread!

But on the topic of Cedar Point, they are certainly due another major investment soon. SteVe was a 2018 addition and ride wise there hasn't really been anything substantial since. Although I think they have put a little more focus on the family side of things. A wooden coaster has been long rumoured and would fill a gap in the park's coaster lineup. No doubt Covid had changed and delayed plans.