• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Cedar Point: General Discussion

Sad to see it go, its a very fun coaster. Suppose with how they've redeveloped that area of the park it was always on borrowed time.

Wouldn't be surprised to see it turn up at another Cedar Fair park.

Interesting! I actually heard quite good things about WT, and it didn't take up a huge plot of land, so I'm surprised to see it going at a relatively young age!

Wasn't it rumoured that CGA was going to get it at some stage, as an impulse coaster was listed as a potential future coaster on their development plan a couple of years back?

I think CGA published a long term plan that included something along the lines of getting a coaster that matched Wicked Twister's description. That plan never mentioned them getting an RMC though for example so it could have changed, but hopefully Wicked Twister finds a new home.

It's been heavily rumoured for a year and the park have been very hush on the matter when asked, which typically indicates there is some credibility in the suggestion. Big fan of Wicker Twister, the best of the breed, for me.

I'd like to see a new water ride at the park, perhaps a large Mack Power Splash would fit very nicely in that space without moving much. At least Gemini lives on to race another day ...

It feels very out of place in a line up such as Cedar Point's. It was, however, really good fun. Hopefully it finds a new home at a small park.

What do you think they will add there and when do you think they will add it?
To me I am no longer really sure. I presume they could fit a coaster of some-kind.

The most obvious coaster Cedar Point are missing at this point is a good modern family wooden coaster.

However Cedar Point have very much defined themselves since Magnum as building coasters with some sort of world record (no matter how obscure).

Plus being on the perimeter of the park they'll probably want something more eye catching to add to their already impressive skyline.

Think a family wooden coaster will eventually happen, likely replacing the Mine Ride which is now 52 years old.

Last edited:
The most obvious coaster Cedar Point are missing at this point is a good modern family wooden coaster.

However Cedar Point have very much defined themselves since Magnum as building coasters with some sort of world record (no matter how obscure).

Plus being on the perimeter of the park they'll probably want something more eye catching to add to their already impressive skyline.

Think a family wooden coaster will eventually happen, likely replacing the Mine Ride which is now 52 years old.
I think any sort of family coaster wouldn't really go amiss. As you say, they have built little in that category since Iron Dragon really. Feels like something in the Firechaser Express bracket would be a reasonable fit. I don't think their quest for records would prohibit building something like that.

Cedar Point have confirmed TTD will remain closed for the remainder of the season whilst the investigation is carried out into the recent incident.

Staffing is a nightmare, customer experience at parks has taken a nosedive in many cases and maintenance is under pressure. Mistakes are being made. Cedar Point seems to be having a really rough time, they simply cannot attract sufficient staffing.

This is rumoured to be "the piece", I don't buy it.

239134273_826583111557378_1684331887713689118_n.png

Cedar Point are starting to get some grief in their local press now, this is pretty shoddy journalism, but the media abhors a vacuum and the park & the alleged victim are seemingly aren't interested in filling it.

Last week a woman waiting to ride the Top Thrill Dragster was seriously injured when something flew off the coaster and struck her in the head.

What was it?
We don't know.
Who is the woman?
We don't know.
How badly is she injured?
We don't know.
How did this happen?
We don't know.

Columbus Dispatch

Last edited:
Cedar Point are starting to get some grief in their local press now, this is pretty shoddy journalism, but the media abhors a vacuum and the park & the alleged victim are seemingly isn't interested in filling it.

Columbus Dispatch
That is absolutey disgusting. Think they have forgotten that there is an investigation in progess and the park might legally not be allowed to say anything until it's complete. :mad:
Plus they might not want to say anything until they have all the details.

Cedar Point are starting to get some grief in their local press now, this is pretty shoddy journalism, but the media abhors a vacuum and the park & the alleged victim are seemingly aren't interested in filling it.

Columbus Dispatch

Cedar Point have surely just paid the victim off, but this is some of the most hysterical journalism that I've read in a while, theme park adjacent or otherwise. This local journalist is annoyed he can't get the story and has mutated it into a scroll about "a lack of sensitivity and accountability."