• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Cedar Point: General Discussion

Well they are definitely doing something there. I thought the two spikes idea sounded too absurd to be true, but this work does make it seem more plausible.
Yeh, it's definitely for a spike. Looks like a straight spike though rather than the twisted spike that some are speculating. If it was a twisted spike like would have been on Drachen Spire the triangle would be facing the opposite direction. This footer is the same orientation as the spikes on Pantheon and Toutatis.

Surely doing a layout like this which is very much aping the bizarre drachen spire plans, as well as being very similar to the Toutatis and Pantheon spikes brings the possibility that Intamin are the ones involved back into the discussion.

Surely doing a layout like this which is very much aping the bizarre drachen spire plans, as well as being very similar to the Toutatis and Pantheon spikes brings the possibility that Intamin are the ones involved back into the discussion.
I would say it is certainly more likely to be Intamin than Zamperla as has been rumoured due to Zamperla converting another Intamin hydraulic launch coaster into an LSM launch.

Finally, it's time for the testing video that we have all been waiting for...! I give you, Cedar Point's new Wild Mouse:

Looks slow. And unnecessary. And even though it's not yet open, not worth the inevitable long wait.

The parks in massive need of family coasters. All they've built since 1999 is thrill coasters which is great for enthusiasts but not for families.

I'd hope that after the Dragster project the following coaster is another one with a lower height. Forbidden Frontier was confirmed as no more at Winter Chill Out so a nice big space just became available again which just screams family wooden coaster to me.

Is there also some indication that there may be an extension to the layout after the top hat in that message? Maybe they are just building the hype and teasing enthusiasts… but it certainly raises a few eyebrows.