• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Cedar Point - Goodbye Disaster Transport, Hello Gatekeeper

Originally thinking of the coaster going over the entrance I thought it was going to look a bit cluttered, but seeing it with the X-Flight-esque towers there it really does look rather nice.

Some form of theming would be welcomed - but then again this is Cedar Fair we're on about! :p

Not too keen on the name, Gatekeeper - however I am loving the layout of the ride. :)

It certainly looks like an awesome coaster.

What I've noticed though is that the first drop is similar to X Flight's, not SWARM's, as it does not appear to fully invert before taking the drop.

Have Thorpe 'trademarked' the real design for a year or so, so that other parks can not use it?

The ride does look to be the best B&M Wingrider so far, and it appears to have a decent ride-time too!
Let's hope that the ride has some intensity!

If only it had some theming...

That layout looks beautiful! The interaction with the entrance is great and those posts will provide some fantastic near misses.

Can't help but get giddy whenever a new B&M layout is released, they always look so graceful and this one is no exception. I love that interaction with the entrance. Swarm drop into Immelmann: win!

That looks mental, but I can't help but notice there's no In-Line-Twist which is a shame because that element is fantastic on Swarm, Raptor and X-Flight.

Wow that looks brilliant, definitely looks like it will be the best B&M winged coaster so far! I love how it interacts with the entrance, and the first dive loop drop into an immelmann looks like it will be interesting. And surely this coaster will have the worlds biggest corkscrew? It's huge!

:)

Like Longy, I'm disappointed that the first drop is more X-Flight and less Swarm. But otherwise this looks fantastic! I guess me and the wife will be adding Cedar Point to our "To visit" list once we've been to Europe!

They really will have the best selection of coasters in any park in the world after this is built. Looks truly stunning, especially the colourscheme! Turquoise/medium blue seems to be the trend in coaster colouring these days :p

I'm much less impressed. OK, the first half looks amazing, apart from the really out of place air hill, and the first zero-g looks amazing even if I can't help but feel it should roll the other way. But in typical B&M style, everything after the MCBR is an afterthought. It just gives up.

Here's a quick recreation of the coaster by Legoguy1395 from Youtube:

Warning:
Turn your sound off. :p

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nr4FmteWJA[/youtube]

The end does look terrible, but the zero-g's look great!

Looks good- probably the best Wingrider there is. It's very different to the others (good sign from B&M, as the other coasters have very similar layouts) and has a few interesting elements.

I like how the inversion after the MCBR is so similar to the drop, but smaller, and like the look of the zero-G's, the huge corkscrew and the Jr. Immelmann- the 2nd in the world. The air-time hill could work, if they don't trim it too much, but no heart-line roll.

Still, needs some decent theming, or will be quite boring- and I don't think Cedar Point will give it the theming it deserves.

I still feel that Raptor is the better wing coaster. The way it interacts with those not riding is great, and the theming and layout look brilliant. :)

They need to make one with a traditional drop rather than this weird inverting drop thing. A near vertical drop wingrider would be amazing :)

Agreed. I hope this inverting drop. At least for a while, anyway. Parks ought to be more creative. It's a great opener to a ride, but in my opinion, variation is much better.

I present to you my No Limits Recreation of GateKeeper, with entrance keyhole feature!

Enjoy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHufVEGiEV8[/youtube]

The Psychoaster said:
They need to make one with a traditional drop rather than this weird inverting drop thing. A near vertical drop wingrider would be amazing :)

They did, on Raptor and Wild Eagle...

Cedar Point have released an official video!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/cJqhApNBjes[/youtube]

It does seem to die at the end but the length of this coaster for me makes it the best looking winged coaster so far in terms of the layout only. It's just a shame it's not themed.

I'm suprised there is no barrel role / inline twist after the MCBR, it would keep the ride going a bit more before the end.

They have also posted an animated POV:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/b9fLbdwq8_k[/youtube]