• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

They’re not giving their marketing department much to work with, are they?

If this is what they're getting, and it's unconfirmed of course but entirely believable given Chessington's recent form, the marketing people are probably happy to work with it. They might even have chosen it.

Remember that Merlin as a whole practically has marketing and investment people running the whole show. Sensible parks decide what can be added that will improve the park, tell their marketing department what it is and say "sell that". In contrast, I've heard a few times that marketing departments at Merlin parks have a say in all sorts of decisions that you wouldn't expect them to anywhere else.

Marketing will enjoy treating it as an excuse to dig out their turd polishing kit again. The money men will like it because it's cheap. Ride maintenance will probably hate it because, well, Zamperla. Guests meanwhile might well be disappointed or frustrated by long waits for what will probably be a dull and awfully low throughout new attraction.

I wouldn't mind this as much if it is one of a few rides being added but i really don't see that happening.

THIS IS THE PARK THAT ADDED A DISKO AS A MAJOR INVESTMENT... WHAT DO YOU EXPECT??

No,no,no! They'd better not be adding one those as a new ride, looks awfully disappointing.

Then again, there's Zufari.

As has been said, look at Battle Galleons, these rides are pointless in the British weather. There is only about one month of the year when it's worth riding them.
Even Monkey Swinger can be unappealing at Chessington when the water jets are being used.

They haven't been using the water jets for a while. Who want wet shoes anyway, even in hot weather?

Just put samurai back. It will probably last longer. No one will ride it. It's basically battle galleons in a concrete whole. And the last thing mystic east needs is a second water ride.

I wasn't really expecting anything particularly good from Chessington next year, but this fails to meet even my lowest expectations. Hardly anyone ever goes on battle galleons, so why do Chessington think people would be interested in a worse example of the same sort of thing?

So the 2016 season opening times are up on the Chessington website.

Annual pass preview days are 12th&13th March with the full season running from 18th March until 31st October.

Halloween will run from 21st - 31st October with 8pm ride close. For the rest of the season weekends and weekdays are 5pm close except during school holidays which are 6pm (even the first couple of weeks of the summer holidays are 5pm ride close, 6pm closes don't kick in until August 6th).

Most notably the park will be closed on:
19th, 20th, 26th, 27th April
10th, 11th, 17th, 18th May
13th, 14th, 20th, 21st, 27th, 28th September
4th, 5th, 11th and 12th October.

These are all Tuesdays and Wednesdays, I believe it has been a number of years since Chessington have closed mid week, looking at Thorpe's website they seem to be doing the same next year too.

Reactions: Tom
oVQEdKH.png

According to Chessington Buzz, the park have removed all signs of a new ride for 2016 from their website. Hopefully this means they're not getting this crappy Zamperla version of a decent Mack ride after all!

Saying that, would be another blow to the park from Merlin if they once again weren't being given a new ride.

:)

I think this is one of the few times that getting nothing might be the better option...

Hopefully they can put something better than what was planned in that space further down the line.