• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

I believe all guests at towers on Saturday and Sunday got free return tickets for various issues.

I would never go on a MAP day, I only ever hear bad things. You might as well go a week or two later when the park opens, most things should be open and working and the parks are far quieter!

Could speed up loading times IF they've added a set at all stairs rather then just using the ones at the front resulting in overcrowding towards the front half of the train. On the other hand, it could make it worse if they've made it more of a bottleneck than it already was.
They've added them to all the stairs, they could have added some themeing instead of plain black airgates, but this is Merlin...

Congratulations to Chessington and Merlin for producing the follow up to Charlie And The Chocolate Factory: The Ride. If you have missed Charlie's half-asleep atmosphere and static awkwardness, complete with a few too many blank walls and few animations, head down to see the Gruffalo.

A decent children's ride, but dull as soon as you're over 6 years old most likely. I wish people would give children more energy and credit these days like the original Burp's BubbleWorks used to. This ride doesn't even have much in the way of a climax, it's one drawn out santa's grotto with some nice moments, but mostly void of any life. Oh well.. a decent commercial attraction.

Last edited:
Ha errrm lookie the on ride photo ...
errrmm
hNqkzs4.png

Time to apply for a job at Merlin, work my way up through the ranks and destroy it from within.

Turn your hate into passion and we can all work towards a creative new counter-alternative to Merlin, that isn't their constant middle-of-the-road, corporate fads with no original ideas! ..someday

With blackjack, and hookers!
Whilst we're on the Futurama line of thinking, the following seems to be true of many enthusiasts..

1lpj33.jpg

This might be why Merlin aren't going anywhere soon. We only ever visit Merlin parks if it isn't going to cost us anything to get in. A car parking charge of £6 for a day out represents excellent value, no matter how badly the park is run.

The best way to ensure their downfall is to stop giving them your money.

Totally agree.

I agree with Lordy, the Gruffalo ride is a well done attraction. Sure it's not Disney standards but it's clear the ride has been well thought out. The ride is not for our target audience but I still enjoyed my rides on the Gruffalo. There are some weak spots like the ORP and a bit of empty space but the overall actual attraction feels much better than the tired state of the Bubbleworks.

The problem is people are going to be sour about it replacing Bubbleworks and hate it because of said fact. There are some scenes I prefer to Bubbleworks, such as the finale scene that looks so much better than how the fountain scene looked the past couple of years.

The team currently at Merlin Magic Making is the best we have seen in a long time and there is a lot of potential coming from the passionate team but sadly with budgets they are hindered slightly but still do what they can and do it to the best of there ability. I spoke to the creative lead of MMM for Chessington on Saturday who is a very passionate guy who took our criticisms on board and told us that there are more features to the added into the attraction throughout the season to improve the experience even more.

We are all entitled to our opinions but please give them credit where credit is due!

Alright calm down, I wouldn't go as far as saying that the Merlin Magic Making team is the best we've ever seen.... the Gruf is a good, but calm down ;)

After all, DBGT is still a load of shite.

To me, Gruf is probably the best themed attraction that Merlin have created. No gimmicks, no VR, no actors, just good theming, large sets, good music and even smells!

Alright calm down, I wouldn't go as far as saying that the Merlin Magic Making team is the best we've ever seen.... the Gruf is a good, but calm down ;)

After all, DBGT is still a load of ****e.

To me, Gruf is probably the best themed attraction that Merlin have created. No gimmicks, no VR, no actors, just good theming, large sets, good music and even smells!

Nah, I'm at the right level of calm right now.

The team for Chessington are great, some of the new faces behind DBGT:ROTD I know are extremely talented and I genuinely believe they can improve that attraction a hell of a lot, and they are just the ones I know!

Also, I never said the best we have ever seen...

The team currently at Merlin Magic Making is the best we have seen in a long time

P.S Love the Sanctuary smell pots ;)

Last edited: