• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

So, Chessington have done a thing.

zyoDkYB.jpg

I really don't know how someone signed off on that as a good idea. Perhaps coincidentally, I believe their creative team left recently too.

Source: Jack Silkstone

zyoDkYB.jpg

I really don't know how someone signed off on that as a good idea. Perhaps coincidentally, I believe their creative team left recently too.

Great new electronic signs, park is “closed” so isn’t that bad but then why did someone bother to attach the missing rules...If it’s still like that come 4th July then they deserve negative comments.

Wow, that looks awful. If there's a replacement sign to go around it I would've thought you'd wait til it was ready and fit both at the same time...

zyoDkYB.jpg

Why order such a large digital sign anyway? A smaller display that just shows the queue time or the word closed would have sufficed.

But with the wrong size digital screen being used, they might as well have removed the whole old sign and replaced with temporary laminated signs rather than this mess.

Courtesy of Jack Silkstone

Seems the new electronic sign was bulk ordered in that size and they’ve put them all over the park.

skip to 6:20 for more on the Room On The Broom

Last edited:
They'll have ordered new signs to go around them I'm sure, just looks like they cocked up the timing. Bigger displays aren't necessarily a bad thing and it looks quite clear. Hopefully it'll still be easy to read on a sunny day.

They'll have ordered new signs to go around them I'm sure, just looks like they cocked up the timing. Bigger displays aren't necessarily a bad thing and it looks quite clear. Hopefully it'll still be easy to read on a sunny day.
But... why on earth would you cut the old sign like that in the meantime? Either remove it entirely and put in the digital sign, or hold back on the digital sign, or temporary put the digital sign next to the actual sign, rather than within it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’ve now changed the temperature check and you park up and then walk towards the turnstiles and join one of two cattle pen queue lines to tents to get checked and wristbands.

Quite impressed with how well things are working which is a surprise.

They’ve now changed the temperature check and you park up and then walk towards the turnstiles and join one of two cattle pen queue lines to tents to get checked and wristbands.

Quite impressed with how well things are working which is a surprise.

That should make things run a bit smoother on entry, especially when they increase the capacity limit.

It was busier than I expected today but staff were managing with it well.

There’s now a “group in, group out” for Trail Of The Kings - it sort of works well but you do get a bottleneck at the Gorillas which might need staff to move people on in future.

The hand sanitizer stations are manual push ones so that’ll keep staff busy cleaning them, not sure why they didn’t go automatic route like elsewhere.

Staff still making changes round the park, they are modifying the metal bins so you don’t have to touch them to push stuff in. All staff we encountered were positive and appeared happy to be back.

B8-F9-A7-EC-B165-49-D9-B101-C7-D20006160-F.jpg

new sign at Kobra (they’ve updated them everywhere)
D9728-E7-E-CC5-B-475-D-9-B44-03256-FA8-C54-E.jpg