• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

With all the excitement of the “richly themed Disneyesqe Forbidden Tomb” I’d forgotten all about the new ride and replacement ship.

Looks to be progressing well, it’s certainly going to be year of Chessington! :D

Chessington looking like a decent event

https://live.themeparkguide.biz/

C0-DDCEF9-B349-4086-8246-031752699-C29.jpg

F491-D23-F-2522-496-F-A4-F0-D5-C05-F36-EC4-B.jpg

2-DC416-DC-E6-A2-4608-A21-E-070-F6-C0-A2-D40.jpg

Last edited:
Fair enough. Just thought the content may be of interest, didn’t realise it had been posted before.

Following London going in to tier 3, chessington are having to change their Christmas event from this weekend, room on the broom, The Gruffolo and Sealife will now be closed (as they are inside), but will be replaced by the little sea dragon ride and jungle Rangers.

The pantomime has also been cancelled, and hotels are closed. Everything else remains the same including Santa.

I hope if they aren’t planning on using the raised areas as a queue line for the nee ride, they remove those awful prison queue line fences, and just out some nice themed fencing up there. I guess if it is being used as a queue then it will stay as it is.

In positive news, it looks like the very run down buildings in Forbidden Kingdom are getting a refresh ready for 2021.
Great, I hope they get restored properly. It was last done about 10 years ago and looked great, but turned bad so quickly with the fabrics suddenly removed and buildings going so dirty again. Its a great area when looking good.

Last edited:
Following the move into tier 4, Chessington will now be closed from tomorrow... probably for the rest of the year. A shame for anybody planning to go their Winter's Tail event :(

So, exactly the same model as Magma at Paultons (as expected) Great theming will be let down by a mediocre ride with appalling throughput.

Still, I guess it will be popular with the target market!

I hope if they aren’t planning on using the raised areas as a queue line for the nee ride, they remove those awful prison queue line fences, and just out some nice themed fencing up there. I guess if it is being used as a queue then it will stay as it is.

Just had a quick look at the plans, and the entrance/exit will be via the existing shop to the right of the attraction with the queue running around the back of the ride, so it won't use the elevated level. As you say this should mean they can rip out that awful fence and replace it with something more aesthetically pleasing.