• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Can everybody please apologise to me for shunning my information. I knew last closed season that Forbidden (Terror)Tomb will return. Hopefully you won't accuse me of making information up,now you can visually see it.
I never shunned your information (I always thought it was possible, if perhaps not very likely), but; I’m very sorry for not taking you more seriously. I was 100% in the wrong here and I apologise for that.

I think his post was meant as sarcasm mate. Terror Tomb isn't returning. Unless yours is also sarcasm? This is all so confusing.
I assure you that mine certainly isn’t sarcasm, and nothing I ever post will be sarcasm; sorry if I didn’t make that clearer!

As for his post; it didn’t seem very sarcastic on the surface, although I struggle to detect that kind of thing, especially over the internet… thanks for the heads up!

I assure you that mine certainly isn’t sarcasm, and nothing I ever post will be sarcasm; sorry if I didn’t make that clearer!

Then what an earth was the deep hearted apology for then? I'm struggling to understand what's going on in here today? Have I missed something?

Anyway, back to Chessington - is Tomb Blaster getting some work done or is this just a way to block off the entrance whilst the park has guests in it? Probably the latter I'd imagine.

I doubt they will do any work on it other than the usual maintenance however I really hope they don't try making any significant changes as they seem to only be able to make the ride worse in much the same way as they have with Duel. In 2016 they added UV lights which expose ride and effect mechanisms that should be hidden, in 2020 they redid the soundtrack and tried to add in a storyline about an ancient priest that doesn't really work, and then theres the problems with the ride's operations and throughput that have just got worse and worse.

I doubt they will do any work on it other than the usual maintenance however I really hope they don't try making any significant changes as they seem to only be able to make the ride worse in much the same way as they have with Duel. In 2016 they added UV lights which expose ride and effect mechanisms that should be hidden, in 2020 they redid the soundtrack and tried to add in a storyline about an ancient priest that doesn't really work, and then theres the problems with the ride's operations and throughput that have just got worse and worse.
A story about a Priest in a children's park! Good god! Who did the new soundtrack, Gary Glitter? I'm glad I haven't been to Chessington in years hearing this.

It's alarming after how awful Tomb Blasters new lighting was they still went ahead and did it to Duel anyway. I mean, who from Merlin went and tested out Tomb Blaster for the first time after they redid it and said "good job lads, let's do the same up in Alton to Duel next"?

Can everybody please apologise to me for shunning my information. I knew last closed season that Forbidden (Terror)Tomb will return. Hopefully you won't accuse me of making information up,now you can visually see it.

Am I missing something here? Please tell me if I am, I am confused.

This is the equivalent of you adding 10 + 10 and getting the answer of 73.

Let's look at it objectively for a moment. What is actually in the photo. There is the Tomb Blaster ride entrance with a CWOA fence covering the entrance. That is what you and I and anyone else who looks at that photo, can visually see.

What I do not see is any evidence in that photo, whatsoever, of any sort of indication the ride is changing back to Terror Tomb. There is nothing in the photo, absolutely nothing.

A fence could be for many many different reasons, there is no way you can conclude one thing from a fence.

If I have missed something please tell me.

I am not saying it will not be changing back, but I would not count your chickens just yet, as that photo shows nothing.

Can we stick to the actual topic please instead of a who’s right and who’s wrong discussion when all we currently see is…a fence. If more concrete information comes up, then fine but at the minute we’re dealing with nothing other than speculation still.

Just to confirm, this is a topic for discussion about Chessington, not a place for gloating too ;)

Then what an earth was the deep hearted apology for then? I'm struggling to understand what's going on in here today? Have I missed something?

Anyway, back to Chessington - is Tomb Blaster getting some work done or is this just a way to block off the entrance whilst the park has guests in it? Probably the latter I'd imagine.
The deep hearted apology was because @Prof Burp asked us all to apologise to him, and I felt really bad for not taking his suggestion more seriously, even though I admit that TT returning may still be quite a stretch based on one fence.

Is Chessington actually open at the moment, then? Has the Christmas event started early, or is this only a Zoo opening or something?

The deep hearted apology was because @Prof Burp asked us all to apologise to him, and I felt really bad for not taking his suggestion more seriously, even though I admit that TT returning may still be quite a stretch based on one fence.
Personally, @Matt N I think you took @Prof Burp suggestion fairly seriously and you shared your sensible opinion that terror tomb is not returning. You stated some clear points towards this. I don't think you should have felt like you had to apologise as you opinion was just as valid.
It's an interesting suggestion that as far as I can tell is extremely unlikely however stranger things have happened in the theme park world so I don't see it being out of the realms of possibility.

Well, since we don't know what's actually going on around Tomb Blaster, let's change the topic, shall we?

I know, anyone got any Mascot ideas that the Park should use on site?