• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

They had a scale in the Fury station. Instead they load 3 when it's wet now I believe? It's easy to do, just say 3 adults per car
Ah, that makes sense! Does it overshoot the brakes if fully loaded or something?

I thought brakes differentiated how forcefully they braked dependant on train weight and speed, but I guess that could be a plausible explanation.

Last edited:
I've been told it's max 2 adults per car on Rattlesnake on one of my more recent visits, though IIRC we negotiated them up to 3 as none of us were particularly heavy (nor was it raining at the time). It's not been 4 adults/car in as long as I can remember.

In my expierience, Fury seems to have a lower weight restriction than Spinball for whatever reason. H&S policy has never exactly been uniform between the two rides, which has aslo resulting in Fury having dispatch key switches retrofitted to both platforms, a feature that has never been deemed necessary on Spinball.

Chessington really is the park where throughputs go to die.

Rather than a simple button, both the onload and offload hosts on Fury have to insert and turn a key to enable dispatch. This is obviously slightly trickier than simply pressing a button and makes delays more likely

Going to hazard a guess that there’s been an incident or near miss with a guest getting too close to the panel or something.
Yeah that wouldn't surprise me. In hindsight it might also have something to do with how exposed the panels are to the public.
I presume it's the same on spinball?

Has anyone else heard the following rumours? The return of Forbidden Tomb,the retheme of the tiger Rock tunnel to become a Tiger,the permanent closure of Scorpion Express and the permanent closure of Seastorm? If you believe any of these rumours as I do which do you think is most likely to be true?

Going to hazard a guess that there’s been an incident or near miss with a guest getting too close to the panel or something.

There's a somewhat hilarious number of incidents that have involved Fury over the years. Nothing but a nightmare.

Max 3 adults rule has been in place since I worked on it in 2009. So a very long time. Was fairly simple to implement if annoying at times for groups of 4. Just ask how many and react accordingly. The weighing scales is arguably more invasive.

Blame constant overshooting and Fury being generally problematic since it opened. Hence why its never run the originally designed 8 cars since it opened. I've seen how it runs on that speed as well, no wonder it kept breaking the system considering how quickly you could theoretically dispatch.

I don't know how the Maurers work but presumably the buttons on the platform are enable buttons, thus still require the operator in the cabin to acknowledge them. I don't see why you'd need to replace them with keyswitches when ultimately the operator should be monitoring what's going on and know if it's appropriate anyway.

But now I have heard the same rumour twice, so it must be true!
A fool and his money are soon parted, so I try to keep my gambling to a minimum... I have enough vices to keep me going as it is.