• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Thought we were in January, not April.

On a serious note. Unless I’ve napped under a tomb the past few months, the park aren’t receiving anything new this season. Given last years addition and the Jumangi area in 23, that’s probably understandable.

Guess we will just see lots of TLC and parkwide updates, which is perhaps welcoming. We’ve seen a few reasonable additions here, but I still think more needs to be done.

Fury will probably still be a mess no doubt.

Theme park guide have provided some updates

https://themeparkguide.co.uk/news-page/Chessington-2022-Closed-Season-Report

In brief

• Winter maintenance continuing on various rides including Seastorm and vampire
  • New lodges being built
  • Old Mexicana skyway station seeing work done
  • Lots of repainting being done on older areas

@Matt Creek Can you please note that there is a photograph on this Closed Season update,that shows Tomb Blaster boarded up. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but this backs up the fact that Forbidden Tomb is returning. Secondly Wild Asia is having a ruthless refurbishment this points to my prediction of the reinstallation of the sign being true. Lastly Scorpion Express is completely shut off to guests with the Train nowhere to be seen. The could indicate it's removal.

I have also heard that the Tunnel on Tiger Rock is becoming a Tiger. This news is made more likely by the huge makeover that Tiger Rock is currently having.

What a great update, it's like rewinding 20 years. Photos that you can flick through at your own pace, without some dumb voice and dreadful music over the top. A lost art, somehow.

To the Geocities generation *raises glass*
All of Theme Park Guide's updates are like that; if that's you're kind of thing, I'd certainly recommend TPG as a site to keep an eye on, as their photo updates are both excellent and fairly regular!

@Matt Creek Can you please note that there is a photograph on this Closed Season update,that shows Tomb Blaster boarded up. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but this backs up the fact that Forbidden Tomb is returning. Secondly Wild Asia is having a ruthless refurbishment this points to my prediction of the reinstallation of the sign being true. Lastly Scorpion Express is completely shut off to guests with the Train nowhere to be seen. The could indicate it's removal.

I have also heard that the Tunnel on Tiger Rock is becoming a Tiger. This news is made more likely by the huge makeover that Tiger Rock is currently having.

Just a reminder of Craig's previous post:

Agreed. Can we get back to actually discussing Chessington now, not this pathetic arguing about who's right and who's wrong and for some reason "bets" between forum members.

Give your *serious* thoughts, opinions and information by all means, but the bragging and off topic posts need to stop please.

Thoughts and speculation is all well and good, and as I have not been following this thread closely I am not sure how likely or not any of the above really is. But Scorpion Express being shut off and having its train removed more likely suggests maintenance rather than removal; I'm sure of that.

So let's have this as an end to arguing of who is right and who is wrong when it comes to what is happening at Chessington.

Thanks.

I was at Chessington for Winter's Tail and there were some ring-necked parakeets that appeared to be eating parts of the theming.

crocdrop-parakeet.jpg

I was at Chessington for Winter's Tail and there were some ring-necked parakeets that appeared to be eating parts of the theming.

crocdrop-parakeet.jpg
@Alsty has the netting on Lorakeet Lagoon,in Wild Asia ripped? This Bird looks like a inhabitant of Lorakeet Lagoon. If this is a Lorakeet Lagoon needs repairing. Chessington don't want the Lorakeets to become food for the Asiatic Lions. As for the damage to Croc Drop could a paint be applied that deters birds?

@Alsty has the netting on Lorakeet Lagoon,in Wild Asia ripped? This Bird looks like a inhabitant of Lorakeet Lagoon. If this is a Lorakeet Lagoon needs repairing. Chessington don't want the Lorakeets to become food for the Asiatic Lions. As for the damage to Croc Drop could a paint be applied that deters birds?

If the netting on Lorikeet Lagoon was broken you'd have...lorikeets not parakeets ;). There's a pretty abundant wild population of parakeets throughout the UK now, especially in the south. So they've just found the theming particularly fun to gnaw the hell out of I guess!

I am overjoyed that next year an Inverting Rollercoaster is opening at Chessington. In my opinion Chessy needs to install a White Knuckle Ride. I am also partial that Project Amazon also includes Family rides. In my view the ideal Theme Park area\land consists both rides for elder and younger guests. The best bit about Project Amazon is that it is being build on a vacant plot of land. This means that no existing rides will have to be sacrificed. The new will Rollercoaster will be the first built at Chessy for 19 years. The benefit of constructing Project Amazon on a vacant plot is that no rides will be removed. Providing there are no ride closures at Chessington this season, 2024 will be the best year Chessington has ever had both with ride throughputs and the most rides EVER at Chessy. My main concern is that the new Rollercoaster is being constructed with the removal of Vampire in mind. I hope I'm being paranoid as Vampire is my favourite ride on the park. Vampire is as iconic and popular at Chessington World Of Adventures as Nemesis is at Alton Towers. The one thing that comforts me is that Vampire had a major overhaul a couple of seasons ago. Theoretically this should secure Vampires future for at least the next decade.

Chessy is my favourite Theme Park. I have nicknamed it Disney in England as it has a high resemblance to Disneyland Paris. For instance Elmer's Flying Jumbos is Chessy's version of Disney's Dumbo ride. Even the layout clenseness and quality of Theming are of Disney standards. Due to Chessington being my beloved Park I am highly considering having a Holiday and staying in the Safari Hotel. If you don't think Chessington is 85% the same as the Disney Parks you are blind. Let's face it Disney does not have a Rollercoaster that is as angelic as Vampire.

If the netting on Lorikeet Lagoon was broken you'd have...lorikeets not parakeets ;). There's a pretty abundant wild population of parakeets throughout the UK now, especially in the south. So they've just found the theming particularly fun to gnaw the hell out of I guess!
@Craig why are there so many wild Parakeets in the South of England? Was there once a Zoo that closed down and released their Parakeets rather than rehome them. My other suspicion is that People used to keep them as Pets and when the Wild Animal License was made legal people simply released their Pets. If this is the case these Parakeets could be the decendents of Birds that were released decades ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am overjoyed that next year an Inverting Rollercoaster is opening at Chessington. In my opinion Chessy needs to install a White Knuckle Ride. I am also partial that Project Amazon also includes Family rides. In my view the ideal Theme Park area\land consists both rides for elder and younger guests. The best bit about Project Amazon is that it is being build on a vacant plot of land. This means that no existing rides will have to be sacrificed. The new will Rollercoaster will be the first built at Chessy for 19 years. The benefit of constructing Project Amazon on a vacant plot is that no rides will be removed. Providing there are no ride closures at Chessington this season, 2024 will be the best year Chessington has ever had both with ride throughputs and the most rides EVER at Chessy. My main concern is that the new Rollercoaster is being constructed with the removal of Vampire in mind. I hope I'm being paranoid as Vampire is my favourite ride on the park. Vampire is as iconic and popular at Chessington World Of Adventures as Nemesis is at Alton Towers. The one thing that comforts me is that Vampire had a major overhaul a couple of seasons ago. Theoretically this should secure Vampires future for at least the next decade.
It's not opening until 2023 I'm afraid but you'll see construction this year.

Chessy is my favourite Theme Park. I have nicknamed it Disney in England as it has a high resemblance to Disneyland Paris. For instance Elmer's Flying Jumbos is Chessy's version of Disney's Dumbo ride. Even the layout clenseness and quality of Theming are of Disney standards. Due to Chessington being my beloved Park I am highly considering having a Holiday and staying in the Safari Hotel. If you don't think Chessington is 85% the same as the Disney Parks you are blind. Let's face it Disney does not have a Rollercoaster that is as angelic as Vampire.

I genuinely love your enthusiasm towards the theme park community.

I do think your wearing rose tinted glasses though comparing Disney to Chessington.

Nothing says “Welcome!” More than a rotting theme park with decaying themeing.

I think you raise an interesting point about the new area being additional. But as for the rest, you have visited both a Disney park and Chessington haven't you?

@Craig why are there so many wild Parakeets in the South of England? Was there once a Zoo that closed down and released their Parakeets rather than rehome them. My other suspicion is that People used to keep them as Pets and when the Wild Animal License was made legal people simply released their Pets. If this is the case these Parakeets could be the decendents of Birds that were released decades ago.
It’s simply the fact that people kept them as pets.
Although there are many legends about them too.
https://www.theguardian.com/cities/...on-how-ring-necked-parakeets-took-over-london