• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Do Fury's cars move continuously through the station like Spinball's or is it a conventional separate onload and offload setup?

Last edited:
Sorry to double post, but it would appear I stand corrected... this off-ride video seems to suggest that Fury does not use the Spinball system, instead opting for a system of loading cars while they remain still, similar to Gangsta Granny and other single-car rides without omnimover loading:

I thought all Maurer spinners used the omnimover loading... is that unique to Spinball, or are Chessington more the outlier for not using it?

I take it that also means that Fury has a lower typical throughput than Spinball... RCDB lists Fury as having a theoretical throughput of 950pph, the same as Spinball, but surely it would be lower as the station isn't constantly moving?

Sorry to double post, but it would appear I stand corrected... this off-ride video seems to suggest that Fury does not use the Spinball system, instead opting for a system of loading cars while they remain still, similar to Gangsta Granny and other single-car rides without omnimover loading:

I thought all Maurer spinners used the omnimover loading... is that unique to Spinball, or are Chessington more the outlier for not using it?

I take it that also means that Fury has a lower typical throughput than Spinball... RCDB lists Fury as having a theoretical throughput of 950pph, the same as Spinball, but surely it would be lower as the station isn't constantly moving?

I wonder if this is a similar system to that used on spinning racer that was at fantasy island? I know there was a discussion earlier in the year that it didn't have the same loading system as spinball.

I wonder if this is a similar system to that used on spinning racer that was at fantasy island? I know there was a discussion earlier in the year that it didn't have the same loading system as spinball.
Yeah I've been on Spinning Racer and it has a static station with a separate onload and offload.

@rob666 and @MattyH I bet you £50 each that all or at least 1 of the rumours,I have mentioned are true.

Unfortunately @rob666 and @MattyH there is a twist in the bet. The twist is that if my information ends up happening you have to pay me £50 each. @Matt Creek this stands for you as well,as for the last couple of Closed ,you have said my information is untrue. I'm looking forward to getting my combined £150 from you all. My information can already be deemed true. Tomb Blaster is boarded off in preparation for the return of Forbidden Tomb. Another piece of my information that is currently being carried out is the Tunnel on Tiger Rock becoming a Tiger. You will all be incredibly apologetic and embarrassed on the first day of Chessington's 2022 when you visually st my information has taken place. On Chessington's opening day you'll be logging into Towerstreet to say sorry Prof Burp you were correct all along. As well as the cash I would like all my sceptics to apologise.

Am I correct in saying that Dragons Fury is higher,longer more thrilling and extra spinny that it's Younger Brother Spinball Wizzer (Sonic Spinball) at Alton Towers. Don't think I'm dissing Spinball Wizzer as I enjoy it. Actually I have only ever been to Alton Towers once. This was in 2014 and the only Rollercoaster I rode was Sonic Spinball as it was then known.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately @rob666 and @MattyH there is a twist in the bet. The twist is that if my information ends up happening you have to pay me £50 each. @Matt Creek this stands for you as well,as for the last couple of Closed ,you have said my information is untrue. I'm looking forward to getting my combined £150 from you all. My information can already be deemed true. Tomb Blaster is boarded off in preparation for the return of Forbidden Tomb. Another piece of my information that is currently being carried out is the Tunnel on Tiger Rock becoming a Tiger. You will all be incredibly apologetic and embarrassed on the first day of Chessington's 2022 when you visually st my information has taken place. On Chessington's opening day you'll be logging into Towerstreet to say sorry Prof Burp you were correct all along. As well as the cash I would like all my sceptics to apologise.
I don't gamble with friends...so I certainly don't gamble with (very) random strangers.
Time will tell...and are you still so sure about Nickland vanishing this season from BPB?

It's been so long since I've ridden Dragon's Fury. Were it not for the video Matt posted, I would have sworn it was a continually moving station. Has it always had separate offload and onload areas or did it change?

It seems odd that the control systems would vary between the two parks when they were fitted at the same time.

Fury has/had a rolling station but they're often not ready to dispatch by the time the first car reaches the end of the station, which causes the cars to stop moving. It's possible that's what happened in the video above - we only see 1 dispatch and only a few seconds of station footage so it doesn't really prove anything IMO.

The rolling loading system for Maurer spinners is not a standard offering. It’s treated as an optional extra for parks who have the budget to pay more and require the higher throughput.

I would suspect that more of them use standard loading than rolling. I can only think of three that roll (Spinball, Fury and Crush). Winjas, Dizz (I think… I was asleep by the time I got back to the station) and most of the traveling ones I’ve seen use static loading.

Fury has/had a rolling station but they're often not ready to dispatch by the time the first car reaches the end of the station, which causes the cars to stop moving. It's possible that's what happened in the video above - we only see 1 dispatch and only a few seconds of station footage so it doesn't really prove anything IMO.
This is definitely the case. Chessington is my local park. The ride is operated so poorly most of the time it is almost always a stationary load but there's still plenty of times it is moving whilst loading. It was a lot better run in the second half or 2021. Dragons Fury also actually has space for 3 vehicles in the station, whereas I believe Spinball may only have 2.

This is definitely the case. Chessington is my local park. The ride is operated so poorly most of the time it is almost always a stationary load but there's still plenty of times it is moving whilst loading. It was a lot better run in the second half or 2021. Dragons Fury also actually has space for 3 vehicles in the station, whereas I believe Spinball may only have 2.
If we're counting space as from end to end, Spinball's station fits 4 cars, although only 3 can load/unload at a time.

Am I correct in saying that Dragons Fury is higher,longer more thrilling and extra spinny that it's Younger Brother Spinball Wizzer (Sonic Spinball) at Alton Towers. Don't think I'm dissing Spinball Wizzer as I enjoy it. Actually I have only ever been to Alton Towers once. This was in 2014 and the only Rollercoaster I rode was Sonic Spinball as it was then known.
So just to clarify in 2 months time Tomb Blaster will be no more and will have been completely rethemed to the old Terror Tomb?

I'll take that bet. Do you have a website? BurpBet365.com?

Do you accept cheque?

It wouldn't surprise me if Fury got changed from the moving loading system at some point. Mostly because Chessie haven't cared about throughputs in years.

Station wise you could have cars at dispatch, load and entering. Sometimes though due to the sensors you'd need to ensure smooth running by constantly pressing a button on off-load. Because Maurer.

@Prof Burp even if your "Rumours" do come true I won't aplologise... Here's some of your predictions for the 2021 season. Can we discuss how many came true? Since you seem so determined to be right. Didn't you also predict Nickelodeon Land would shut before the end of the 2021 season?
I have a feeling that the Rainforest land that opened this year will get some enhancements, to coincide with the opening of Croc Drop. I think thease improvements could include animatronics being added around both The Rainforest and Forbidden Kingdom areas.I expect that most of the animatronics will be placed in the indoor section of Jungle Rangers. expect that Forbidden Kingdom will revive a deep clean and a fresh paint job around the entire area.lick of new paint I also expect that smell pods will be littered around both areas.

The chances I expect to see at Chessington for next season are as follows.

1. The Wild Asia sign reinstated to the entrance portal to the area of the same name.
2. The repaint of the giant Buddha in Land Of The Tigers.
3. The construction and opening of new swinging pirate ship The Blue Barnacle in Pirates cove
4. The building and grand opening of Croc Drop in Forbidden Kingdom
5 An minor refurbishment and rename of Forbidden Kingdom,like Transylvania received for the 2017 season
6. New holiday lodges built in a similar design to the Enchanted Village at Alton Towers
7. The relocation of the Gruffalo stage show to the former Pandamonium stage
8. The relocation of the animal presentation to the former Gruffalo sage area
9 The addition of Animatronics,Smell Pods and animatronics to the Rainforest
10. The landscaping and turfing of the former Rodeo/Flying Jumbos site to become an Egyiption themed picnic and children’s playground area
11. The arrival of Brazilian Tapirs to the enclosure the Capybaras vacated in order to move to the Rainforest
12. The adaptation of the current Glamping restaurant in Wild Asia to become an Asian restaurant in which Bollywood music plays while you eat
13. The return of the chandeliers to the Vampires station
14. The retheme and return of the Peeking Hights ferris,which that has been in storage for the past three years. I think Peeking Hights will be relocated to Pirates Cove to replace SeaStorm,that will be removed over the closed season. I think that the Gondelas on Peeking Hights will be rethemed to Beer Barlles and the ride renamed.

Can you please share your thoughts on my predictions for the 2021 season at Chessington World Of Adventures!

Kind regards the ghost of Prof Burp everybody’s favourite Fizzy Pop maker

@Prof Burp even if your "Rumours" do come true I won't aplologise... Here's some of your predictions for the 2021 season. Can we discuss how many came true? Since you seem so determined to be right. Didn't you also predict Nickelodeon Land would shut before the end of the 2021 season?

@MattyH I admit that not all of my predictions happened. Despite this 5 of my predictions undeniably happened. @MattyH I'm certain that the rest of my 2021 predictions will come true for the upcoming 2022 season. @MattyH if you don't believe that 5 of my predictions happened,please re-read the list.

@Benzin my predictions are obviously fairly accurate. 5 of my predictions happened. Whereas a broken clock is correct twice a day,my predictions were correct 5 times.

Will everyone still disbelieve me if the rest of my predictions come true this season? Your just all envious that your predictions are non existent. I cannot wait for the mass apologise that will be hurled at me in March,when my predictions can visually be seen as true. If my predictions happen all of you doubters will feel like fools.