• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

I am liking the green and brown colour combo, it is nice to see Merlin do colours other than black or grey.

Kinda suprised Merlin didn't decide to paint Wicker Man black if they really love that colour! :p Then again probably too much work for them. Do hope we see future Merlin coasters have different colours on them, Nemesis not included before you get clever. ;)
Scottish blue and White coaster for you QTX?

How about painting Nemesis' shiny new track that colour combo and give the Nemesis monster a half painted blue face by its big green eyes a la Braveheart? :p
I'm just imaging how awful that would look, suppose we could make the head of the monster Sturgeon, seems quite fitting.

Anyway I do like the colour of the track at Chessington, I actually think it's quite fitting.

I'm just imaging how awful that would look, suppose we could make the head of the monster Sturgeon, seems quite fitting.

Anyway I do like the colour of the track at Chessington, I actually think it's quite fitting.
Shh! The SNP Gestapo will come after you for saying something nasty about wee Nicola! 🤫

All serious though, yes, I do love the colour combo of green track and brown supports...kind of wish Thirteen had gotten that colour as IMO it would have suited it more than just black. Mmm, gives me an idea for my timeline...(shamless plug!)

All serious though, yes, I do love the colour combo of green track and brown supports...kind of wish Thirteen had gotten that colour as IMO it would have suited it more than just black. Mmm, gives me an idea for my timeline...(shamless plug!)
You should start a plug factory.....
Anyway I agree about thirteen's track, would've made a lot more sense to go with this style of colour. I still think it's going to be odd to see B&M track at a park like Chessington.

So a group of us went to Chessie last Saturday for their Halloween event. The park was busy but no where near as bad as it could have been for a Saturday.

Operations were fairly awful acros the park, not helped by stupid rules and procedures on some rides, our group of 7 took us 4 cars on dragons fury for example, due to the weight limit and amount of people per car rule. The queue was just slow moving.

Also I have no idea who or how queue boards are updated (or not updated as is often the case) but across the whole park queue times were well out. For example tomb blaster said 60, we walked straight in and straight on to the ride. Rattle snake said 45, it was more like 5. And was like this across the park (except vampire which always seemed to have a queue even right until the end of the day).

Also my god food and drink has gone up massively at Chessie this season, a basic boneless chicken meal is £10.50, fish and chips is £11. im Guessing prices have gone up during the season with the amount of stickers across the menus (was also the same at Thorpe).

In terms of the Halloween event, we did creepy caves, which was perf fine, with a few jump scares, however one member of our group who has done it each season says it was the worse version yet.

Vile villages wasn’t particularly scary at all, was just lots of start stopping whilst an actor talked to you. But at least it was a free scare zone! The fire show was also gone I’m wild Asia, we didn’t see any of the other shows though.

So I've just got back from a day at Chessington and I can't believe how you can manage to make a queue for a ride that's constantly moving (The Gruffalo / Tiger Rock) go so slow. I completely understand RAP guests and Fastrack, I've not got a problem with either, but the fact you have a ride that constantly moves through the station and you're stood in queue lines that don't move forward for 10 mins plus at a time baffles me.

Ideally you should have the main queue constantly flowing into the attraction with the other two queues then merging into said queue.

The queue line management there today was shocking and the fact we waited an hour for The Gruffalo to then find out that there's not actually anyone in the station because the host couldn't handle the three queues took the p!ss quite frankly. I really feel like it's something they need to work on because we weren't the only ones around us noticing how bad the batching / queue handling was.

So I've just got back from a day at Chessington and I can't believe how you can manage to make a queue for a ride that's constantly moving (The Gruffalo / Tiger Rock) go so slow. I completely understand RAP guests and Fastrack, I've not got a problem with either, but the fact you have a ride that constantly moves through the station and you're stood in queue lines that don't move forward for 10 mins plus at a time baffles me.

Ideally you should have the main queue constantly flowing into the attraction with the other two queues then merging into said queue.

The queue line management there today was shocking and the fact we waited an hour for The Gruffalo to then find out that there's not actually anyone in the station because the host couldn't handle the three queues took the p!ss quite frankly. I really feel like it's something they need to work on because we weren't the only ones around us noticing how bad the batching / queue handling was.
I was at Chessington yesterday too and COMPLETELY agree with you!

Chessington Buzz have tweeted;
Our friends at @AttractionSc have discovered another Consultation is on the way! We believe this will really make a splash!
They did a 'speculation' article on their website a few months back about the possibility of a waterpark coming to the resort so I'm inclined to believe this is what this'll be...

Edit: Here's the article for anyone interested Link

Chessington Buzz have tweeted;

They did a 'speculation' article on their website a few months back about the possibility of an indoor waterpark coming to the resort so I'm inclined to believe this is what this'll be...
I would counter to that, however, that an Attraction Source moderator commented on their Facebook post on the subject saying that “those familiar with the situation say that it is replacing an existing attraction”, for what it’s worth. With that in mind, I’m not sure that it would necessarily be an indoor waterpark if it were replacing an existing attraction within the park…

It could well be, though; it would definitely bolster Chessington’s resort-side attraction lineup, and Chessington Buzz are a very reliable source, from my experience, so I have little reason not to trust them!

My thought is; could it be a water coaster? I say this because if you remember back to the 2016 masterplan, the two proposals on there were a Jungle Ride (launch coaster) and a Pirate Ride (water coaster). The Jungle Ride at the time looked more like a Juvelen-style family launch coaster, but through a certain lens, I think you could argue that World of Jumanji and the B&M Wing Coaster could have been a revised version of the Jungle Ride (Jumanji is a jungle-type theme, and what they’re building technically fulfils the brief of launch coaster).

With that in mind, could they be building the pirate-themed water coaster proposed in 2016? It would certainly fit with CB’s comment about the new attraction “making a splash”, it would add a new water ride into Chessington’s lineup (their only bonafide water ride at present is Tiger Rock, so it’s probably the category in which they’re most lacking), and it would also fit with Chessington’s previously expressed plans.

What bizarre investment can we expect from them next… The worlds first launched, hybrid B&M inverted water coaster perhaps?

It's as if they've suddenly remembered Chessington needs investment.
Merlin have been investing in Chessington continuously since the Grufallo.

Room On The Broom replaced Hocus Pocus, Rainforest opened the following year along with a refurbishment of Tomb Blaster, Croc Drop opened last year and Shipwreck Coast this year.

The park has a senior management team that is very passionate about Chessington's future (I met the Divisional Director not long before the plans for Croc Drop went public), and it shows with all the investment they've secured from Merlin.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

Last edited: