• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

I may be wrong and certainly have no intention of going but you do visit studios during your stay.
I've never been, but you are correct, and I think you also get FastPasses for Rise of the Resistance and Smuggler's Run.

TBH, with that you are pretty much stuck inside a building in which you can't visit the parks which to me is a very flawed scenario which doesn't make a trip to WDW worth it. At least with this you can visit the park though the price is still hefty.
The Starcruiser is a “park”. You are meant to have experiences inside the building. Would be like you saying you went to the London Dungeon but didn’t get to see the Science Museum, once inside one attraction you can’t experience another.

The themed hotel rooms (of which Disney also has some) are different as they are just that, places to rest at night and see the parks in the daytime).

The price of the Jumanji room is wild, I could get two nights at a top spa hotel for that. Unless Dwain 'the Rock' Johnson ticks you on at night...
If they change it to Nick Jonas then I may reconsider booking…

-

Anyway… £700 for a room. Not too dissimilar to Alton Towers themed room prices no? Yes it’s high, but you know, Merlin gonna Merlin.

Anyway… £700 for a room. Not too dissimilar to Alton Towers themed room prices no? Yes it’s high, but you know, Merlin gonna Merlin.

Yep, the Chessington price includes a one day park ticket. So by the time you have chosen a ride themed room at Towers and added on a day ticket it’s about the same price.

One night with one day park ticket for 2ad 2ch in a Gangsta Granny room - £683, the same for a Jumanji room - £701.

Is it just the one Jumanji room? You'd assume out of a few thousand visitors every weekend at least one family wouldn't mind forking out for it.

Same with the extortionate Towers rooms. They charge that much because people will pay it.

I think there might be 7, but I could be wrong there. I could have sworn that one of the press releases described 7 Jumanji rooms…

Hmm...
themebook-exisiting-image.jpg

This concept image shows 4 rows facing backwards and 3 rows facing forwards. Looks like this isn't happening going by what we have seen of the train on the track and the other concept art showing just 1 row reversed. Looks like at one point it was going to be more than one row which is why I guess that some who had already seen the concept are were saying it would be, even though the photos of the train on the track only showed that one was.
Makes me wonder if they did change it to only 1 row to be able to get away with making it an upcharge.

Last edited:
Hmm...
themebook-exisiting-image.jpg

This concept image shows 4 rows facing backwards and 3 rows facing forwards. Looks like this isn't happening going by what we have seen of the train on the track and the other concept art showing just 1 row reversed. Looks like at one point it was going to be more than one row which is why I guess that some who had already seen the concept are were saying it would be, even though the photos of the train on the track only showed that one was.
Makes me wonder if they did change it to only 1 row to be able to get away with making it an upcharge.
Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was just a mistake with the concept art rather than anything to do with changes.

Concept art, particularly the concept art used in marketing, often isn’t reflective of the final product. If concept art from marketing was accurate, The Smiler would have B&M restraints and Nemesis and Galactica would be Vekomas!

I do think the same about the lack of vest restraints in the marketing renderings. Legoland Deutschland’s similar Wing Coaster was confirmed to have vest restraints, so I reckon that Chessington’s probably will too.

Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was just a mistake with the concept art rather than anything to do with changes.

Concept art, particularly the concept art used in marketing, often isn’t reflective of the final product. If concept art from marketing was accurate, The Smiler would have B&M restraints and Nemesis and Galactica would be Vekomas!

I do think the same about the lack of vest restraints in the marketing renderings. Legoland Deutschland’s similar Wing Coaster was confirmed to have vest restraints, so I reckon that Chessington’s probably will too.
Yeh probably. So they will look more like the ones in Legoland's promo art.
20230118_141548_1.jpg

Yeh probably. So they will look more like the ones in Legoland's promo art.
20230118_141548_1.jpg

That promo artwork is so bright and garish - I need to go lie down in a dark room.

I think as aforementioned, concept artwork should always be taken with a huge pinch of salt. Working in marketing myself, you're led very much by someone's artistic vision and not necessarily the actual product itself.

The above artwork as an example, the track is a lovely shade of sky blue in real life, however here it is white.

I actually do think the trains on Chessington's ride used to be half forward and half back.
It just makes logical sense that you'd design a coaster like this with every seat having the best visibility possible. And a shuttle coaster can do that, making 2 front rows, 2 second rows and 2 third rows.
Im going to take a guess that the trains were originally designed with 6 cars with an equal number forward and back. For capacity reasons they probably added the 7th row later, only now it looked uneven so there was probably a design review when it was decided just to reverse the back row. The concept art could have been created at the point the 7th car was added but before some of the rows were flipped back.

Also could it be that the clever capacity fix that John mentioned could be in reference to them having 8 front row seats rather than 4? It's possible the front row line has a queue ending at the batcher who loads those rows before loading from the regular queue for the other rows.
Overall capacity isn't improved but the maximum weight for a front row seat is reduced.