• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Also, in the video above a siren can be heard as the train is launching. Could that activate every time the train dispatches or is it for something else?
Nemesis has a siren when the lift hill restarts for the first time after an E-stop or maintenance stop, the siren is to alert anyone who may have been in the ride area that it is restarting. It’s likely Mandrill Mayhem has the same on first launch after a stoppage but not every time in normal use.

Isn't it good that it is something a bit different though?
Much better than same old same old...even if it does lack speed, it hits the target market fine...not too big, not to fast, upside down gently.
With fifty five years since my last visit, I might finally get round to visiting again now it isn't just the zoo...to take my great nephew, who looks to have the family freak gene, I'm pleased to see.

b) why the hell have B&M delved into this design approach?

Kind of makes sense being that it’s a prototype. I wouldn’t be surprised to see bigger and more thrilling models in the future. I think it’s a good fit for Chessington.

It's to alert workmen in the area that the ride is about to test. It's not uncommon during coaster testing.

Nemesis has a siren when the lift hill restarts for the first time after an E-stop or maintenance stop, the siren is to alert anyone who may have been in the ride area that it is restarting. It’s likely Mandrill Mayhem has the same on first launch after a stoppage but not every time in normal use.

Good point, surprised I didn't think of that as I knew Nemesis has one. Thanks both.

Bigger/longer multiple launch, complete circuit models maybe I can imagine, but bigger/longer boomerangs?

B and M have saturated the market with their thrill coasters. Most parks that can afford the price tag already have a couple of their models.

So they've clearly been working on smaller/family models. Starting with the mini dive machines.

Seems to be working for them seeing the big order they received from Merlin for Chessington and the Legoland parks.

Bigger/longer multiple launch, complete circuit models maybe I can imagine, but bigger/longer boomerangs?
There are coasters that have a switch track after the lift hill or launch to allow multiple trains to run. See Switchback at ZDT's or the soon-to-open Palindrome at Cotaland for examples.

But how much is that going to cost and what is the appeal over just making it complete circuit with 2-3 train operation?

This looks ideal for Chessington to be honest. The park is not the biggest and capacity was always an issue for some of the most popular rides. They have now added a coaster and two flats which should take some pressure off Dragons Fury and more importantly Vampire.

Look forward to riding this. They wanted to build something unique, that’s what they’ve got. I think we have to remember that their target audience are not going to want to be flipped upside down 15 times at 50mph.

Throughput is worrying me, but, it is what it is now, it’s not like it’s their biggest coaster. I still think that will be Vampire.

Am I the only one thinking that the stall on the final helix is going to be pretty uncomfortable at that angle?
No, quite a few people have said that. I wouldn't have thought about it until others said, but I agree on reflection. Part of me was thinking it might have tilting seats for this reason. Will be interesting to see how (un)comfortable it is.

I think until you ride it we won’t know what the experience will be like. I think it will feel a lot more forceful and faster than it looks in these videos.

Also on capacity this ride is meant to be small project compared to something else the park have planned for the future I can remember chessie buzz saying. (I know that’s just a rumour so take that with a pinch of salt)

I think until you ride it we won’t know what the experience will be like. I think it will feel a lot more forceful and faster than it looks in these videos.

Also on capacity this ride is meant to be small project compared to something else the park have planned for the future I can remember chessie buzz saying. (I know that’s just a rumour so take that with a pinch of salt)
I think that was reference to the now revealed water park project

They were under the impression Scorpion Express was being ripped out and replaced by a water park. That was proved half correct.