• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

There's nothing wrong with the Jumanji floor.

Gosh they did Transylvania dirty with the Wild Woods retheme. Even back when then with the Imperial Bubbleworks theme, the area still looked nice. Now it's just a mix of blue and buildings painted in purple and white.
Eh? They didn't change any of the area for that, just Gruffalo exterior, the rest has looked like that for many years.

Gosh they did Transylvania dirty with the Wild Woods retheme. Even back when then with the Imperial Bubbleworks theme, the area still looked nice. Now it's just a mix of blue and buildings painted in purple and white.
It has rather lost its way, no wonder they renamed it to Wild Woods. It was tolerable during the Imperial Leather Bubbleworks days. When it became The Gruffalo, as much as I despise it, it didn’t look too bad from the outside. But for me the final nail in the coffin was them ruining the exterior of The Counts Cauldron when Burger King left for Burger Kitchen. Yuck all round.

As a northerner I have neither a nostalgic love of Chessington and as it has always been a bit of a “meh” park for Tussauds/ Merlin no real hate for it either, so I see it as a bit of a barometer for how the group is treating their parks.

Merlin under Kirkby (even if I think a wing coaster is a bit bonkers and low throughput), seem to be taking some deliberate care with the place, bodes well for the company.

As a northerner I have neither a nostalgic love of Chessington and as it has always been a bit of a “meh” park for Tussauds/ Merlin no real hate for it either, so I see it as a bit of a barometer for how the group is treating their parks.

Merlin under Kirkby (even if I think a wing coaster is a bit bonkers and low throughput), seem to be taking some deliberate care with the place, bodes well for the company.
Same as a Scot, Chessie and Thorpe have always felt far away from me compared to the likes of Towers.

Slightly less misplaced enthusiasm than over the ugly black tarmac that was put in at the South entrance last year.

There's been quite a lot of refurbishment going on at Chessington over the past couple of years so it's good to see it continuing. I noticed significant progress on repainting Fury's supports recently too, just a shame so few people are given the opportunity to ride the thing due to the loading procedures.

I love where the ride area gate is the nice new flooring just stops (for now).

Chessie has always had a few moments of odd refurbs here and there. But it's good to see it continuing.

We still don't really know how quickly it will traverse the whole layout so we still can't tell how the pacing will be. Despite this, it is great to see the ride testing!