• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

I suppose with late openings it at least felt like maybe they couldn’t get all the rides open in time. With an early close it’s pretty blatant that they just don’t want to pay the staff and electric costs.

I'm guessing they've been having complaints about the number of rides opening late but if so this seems a short-sighted way to address it.

This way round, a guest unaware of the operating hours of these rides may miss some of them entirely, surely that's worse than having to wait for them to open? I'd imagine for both Zufari and Tiger Rock there wouldn't be many guests wanting to ride in the first hour anyway.

I would be really annoyed. Is this every day or just a one off? The park gets busier during the day so opening late is much better than closing early . This will mean the queues for everything else just get longer!

I would be really annoyed. Is this every day or just a one off? The park gets busier during the day so opening late is much better than closing early . This will mean the queues for everything else just get longer!
Off peak days only isn’t it?

I don’t think you would notice massively by losing Kobra, monkey swinger and Turmoil to be perfectly honest.

I don’t agree with it, but they usually close Tuesday and Wednesday anyway, perhaps they are opening the full week now but doing less operating hours for some areas?

other than Zufarri which I guess uses a few staff depending on the amount of vans, but the other rides only require a couple of staff to operate. So I guess it’s a techie issue with them not being able to sign all rides open, by closing early the techies will do their work on these rides first.

The easiest option would be to get more staff or techies but that costs money and it seems merlin really aren’t willing to spend that at the moment on anything which actually gets rides open

Another problem with this new early closure of rides is that if one of them opens an hour or so late for example, is it still going to close at 3.30pm? I am sure that they will be trying to get these rides open on time, but if they can't for whatever reason then there is going to be so little time in the day to experience them.

So much for the "don't visit on weekends/holidays" crowd.

Even in the dark DIC days everything opened. Sea Dragons/Griffin's Galleon shared an operator briefly but still.

Very depressing.

One thing I've never understood about Zufari... why is there an operator's booth with a control panel and loads of buttons on it?
Block zones and the platform gates probably. There are traffic lights for each section to keep the vehicles a safe distance apart.

Because people are muppets?

I assumed it possibly had something to do with the ride audio, i.e. making sure it synced up with the location of the vehicles around the course. Does seem odd though!
No, that was originally done by GPS geofencing. Not sure whether it still is, but if it isn't it'll be manually triggered by the driver.

CWOA have redeemed themselves because apparently capybaras are back in the zoo so it is one of the greatest places in the world
Incorrect. (Not on capybaras returning, but on this making this one of the greatest places on earth).