• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Take some nice landscaping to fit it in the park, a new launch and lap bar trains (thanks Zamperla) and it could be a good inexpensive addition. The most intense part of Rita is the cable launch, after that the layout is less than aggressive, so a new launch system would help it appeal to older kids.

Probably still isn’t happening though !

I seem to remember this coming around years ago. Clearly has been looked at if that's the case. Good move all round

What possibly gives the impression that this has “clearly been looked at”?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since the original tweet has now been deleted, I think we can now move on from discussion about Rita moving unless anything actually concrete came out about it.

Just like we ask of our members, we'd ask that people only use sources in their posts which like to report news rather than propagate clickbait-esque rumours with an "I know something you don't know" attitude. It's tiresome and only ends up adding very little in terms of constructive discussion. Thanks :).

@Dave I totally agree. But my point still stands. If this has been mooted internally a few times, it makes it more likely to actually happen.

The economics make no sense, the park visitor base makes little sense, they've just installed a launch coaster, the noise will probably upset the locals (Rita is louder than you think), the layout isn't very good (even if the launch is decent if a little slow)

@Dave I totally agree. But my point still stands. If this has been mooted internally a few times, it makes it more likely to actually happen.

Not really, you have no knowledge that it has been mooted internally a few times, just that the rumour has resurfaced a few times.

I have no skin in this game, I don’t have any knowledge of what Chessington is doing, I also think Chessington Buzz is an objectionable site/ social media thing, if it did turn out to be true then fine, but repeated rumours do not add credence to something.

The fact the post was deleted suggests it was probably a weird, attention seeking wind up.
Which is why I requested we move back to discussion about things that are actually happening at Chessington, yet it seems we're still continuing to post about it ;). Back to things that are actually going on please 😛

Even though its probably BS. I could see it happing. Its obvious Chessington want to push their demographic to include teens / Whole family. And what better way to test that water then to repurpose an existing ride that has no place in one of their theme parks to be a headline attraction in a park without a major thrill coaster and without spending £££ on it.