• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

It's obviously just the virtual queue 🙄, what a cop out.

B&M have nothing to do with the virtual queue, and it was B&M that were credited with some clever solution, so not that. If there was a solution it was designed out, or is so subtle it has a negligible impact in the real world, or it simply didn't exist.

But B&M also weren't responsible for installing the wrong type of air gates knackering things up further.

But B&M also weren't responsible for installing the wrong type of air gates knackering things up further.
They would be actually - air gates are generally provided by the ride manufacturer.

The issue would be either that B&M deem it safe to load the station with standard height gates, but Merlin disagree, or perhaps more likely that the project went for the cheaper option of lower gates, against advice from B&M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They would be actually - air gates are generally provided by the ride manufacturer.

The issue would be either that B&M deem it safe to load the station with standard height gates, but Merlin disagree, or perhaps more likely that the project went for the cheaper option of lower gates, against advice from B&M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of Alton’s air gates are from Garmendale.

Not the manufacturer direct…(not sure if it’s subbed out from the manufacturer but I doubt it)

Not necessarily... For example Garmendale manufacture air gates and provided the ones for Swarm.

Edit... @Ash beat me to it!

I absolutely hate that “take your card on the ride so you can pick up your bag later!”. It effectively means no entertainment in the queue and if you don’t have a zip pocket!

I’m so sorry

I absolutely hate that “take your card on the ride so you can pick up your bag later!”. It effectively means no entertainment in the queue and if you don’t have a zip pocket!

I’m so sorry

I haven't been on F.L.Y at Phantasialand but i'm fairly sure the bag/item drop off point is near boarding so you do have your items for queuing (like WickerMan or 13).

Whereas The Mummy or BattleStar at Universal Singapore make you put items in a locker prior to joining the queue which is pretty rubbish. The Mummy only applies to bags at least and you're indoors away from the heat (though you have to pay for the locker absurdly) whereas BattleStar has the metal detectors... and free lockers located next to The Mummy ;)

The newer Universal rides, such as VelociCoaster, have the locker/metal detection point near to the station in a similar manner to the baggage hold on the likes of Wicker Man and Thirteen.

I think it’s a good system, personally, as it both increases safety and increases ride throughputs!

The newer Universal rides, such as VelociCoaster, have the locker/metal detection point near to the station in a similar manner to the baggage hold on the likes of Wicker Man and Thirteen.

I think it’s a good system, personally, as it both increases safety and increases ride throughputs!
I know, but I wish they all had that. Hagrids was especially painful. But, tangent, so what actually is Chessington doing for 2024?

I haven't been on F.L.Y at Phantasialand but i'm fairly sure the bag/item drop off point is near boarding so you do have your items for queuing (like WickerMan or 13).
FLY's system isn't too bad as it's lockers near the station, you get a wristband which opens the opposite side of the locker on your way off the ride. Probably a 3-4 train wait once you've done the lockers, and gone through the metal detectorist. Plenty of staff manning the thing and you don't have to pay extra for it. I think they have this for FLY and not for the other coasters as it's flying and almost the entire coaster is weaving around above an area full of people with no netting. Certainly makes for a much more immersive area than having netting and not doing the lockers/metal detecting.

Not been to Chessington for about a decade now, need to get back in 2024 and try out the new coaster, and get back on Vampire of course. Hopefully I can pick a quiet day for it...

Not been to Chessington for about a decade now, need to get back in 2024 and try out the new coaster, and get back on Vampire of course. Hopefully I can pick a quiet day for it...

Will be quiet tomorrow if you have no New Years plans! Although no Vampire (amongst other things).

Will be quiet tomorrow if you have no New Years plans! Although no Vampire (amongst other things).
It's a long way so requires planning and a hotel, I'm thinking about a 2 day trip for Thorpe and Chessington in April, term time week day, hoping that it'll be bearable. Last time I went it was awful (90 minutes+ for the coasters)