• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

'Wow' is a good response! Thanks very much. I tried to make it appeal to everybody while giving it some more character. When you have an immersive environment, it's easier for visitors have fun in it and make their own memories.

The sad things is - the real Dragon River was not too dissimilar when it opened in 1987.

Well, we'll see what happens next year.

I think they are expecting crayon pictures from five year olds they can chose to ignore. Hopefully when they see that they'll not only use it but offer you some form of employment instead.

That's a pretty great looking plan! We can only hope that whatever Chessington / Merlin Studios decide to do to Dragon Falls will be as good as something like that or if they decide to restore it to how it looked when it first opened.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing the rockwork around the final lift and drop section (assuming that's brought back obviously :p ) looking a little something like a snowy mountain with a few more oriental plants and trees added like Mount Fuji:

mt-fuji.jpg

I love the contrast between the darker stone, the glistening snow-topped peaks and the more traditional architecture next to the prunus pendula trees (is that right?) in the foreground. I know it'd be quite a bit different to what has been there but it could look beautiful and really tie-in well with the current Mystic East theme style.

But both electricBill's and tayspru's ideas for how Chessington could breathe new life into one of their most iconic rides are really good so if we could just please get something like what they've made, that would be great!

Also spotted on Chessington's Facebook page that today the park is extremely quite with no queues over 5 minutes! If only I live a little closer! :(

Just got back from a trip to Chessington. I really like Zufari, it's something a bit different and the giraffes got really really close! I like the themed path to the ride itself, and the drums are a nice touch. I don't understand ACRE though?

Rode Bubbleworks for the first time. I really like the fountain scene, but everything needs dusting and cleaning. Loads of stuff I couldn't tell if it was broken or just meant to be stationary. Why there are still logos still on the bathroom stuff they're trying to flog I don't understand?

Scaffolding on Tomb Blaster looks rather sad, I liked the ride though and hopefully it'll be better when it's all cleaned up, same goes for the mess that is the runaway mine train.

The Safari Skyway looks knackered. The pillar that holds the roof of the cars is about shot and the whole thing is now an advert. Not a fan.

Staff were wonderful, and really did perk up my day. The veggie burger I had from the Burger Kitchen was plain, and the chips were stingy. Inside it was very bright and airy, clean and modern.. but why is there an Island of props ASDA would sell at Halloween next to the sauce? Either get shot of them and leave the place themeless or add more and make it a themed restaurant.

Creaky Cafe was closed when I went past, but it looked very smart.

Overall, I'd suggest several thousand tins of paint, some Mr Sheen and some dusters.

Zufari was pretty decent when I visited, although the preshow is purely embarrassing and awful. Amazing technology my bum.

As for the park itself, it's just not worth visiting midweek off-peak. Wild Asia opened at 12, couple of other rides opened at 11, zufari closed 12-1230 and 2-230. Some attractions closed from 3. Rameses and Falls closed all day. And whatever left was essentially a building site. Even transylvania has an area blocked off with that fencing.

Only problem with Zufari was that it as over too quick. The preshow how was zoomed through (and the animation was a little dodgy to say the least!) then the queuing after the preshow how was a joke, the queue area isn't big enough so you have to wait inside the show area and this then holds up the next group coming into the preshow. And understandably this is a small attraction but it was over way too quick.

Its one of the many design flaws with Zufari, the queue line after the preshow, doesn't hold the amount of people that you fit in the preshow. Who ever designed the layout of that ride/queue needs sacking!

I think even most of Chessies guests (who are under 10), could have worked out you need a larger queue line, and an on/off load platform that doesn't cross over each other!

The Madagascar show was very upbeat and the crowd seemed to love it, but apart from that there's very little on park entertainment! Surely of all the parks, an OctoNaut or even a basic costume would be lapped up?

Zufari did impress me, I know the voice is completely off to the animation, but it's a very interesting idea just not the best implementation.

My biggest bugbear of the day though was what I can only term 'PA Indulgence'. The chap on the Vampire appeared to either think he was either paid by the decibel, or that if he didn't sound like a Barry Scott Dracula then everyone would have a bad day. Why Abdab is stood in one of the queuelines having a bit of man time bemused me as well.

A lot of the park appeared to be on staggered opening as well, which was fine and I can understand why, but Wild Asia is the best area of the park in my eyes?! Why waste that?

Also since when was Lorikeet food £1? I'm sure it was free last year! I'd be so annoyed if they weren't even hungry and I'd paid another 'Merlin Tax'.

Although, correct me if I'm wrong... Chessington is the only park without a shipping container?!

The honey for the birdies has always been £1 (80p with a MAP).

I agree about the Vampire ops though. It's been an issue for several years now. Totally ruins the atmosphear in the station, and is far too loud. I heard a theory that it's because they want to be the new "Choo choo lady". ::)

I can see exactly now having been only a handful of times why you may get annoyed if you'd grown up with Chessington.

Also, the mannequin organist needs dusting and sorting out. I'd go as far to say that The Vampire has the best station in the UK? So much atmosphere, dark flickering lights, a huge anamatronic organist.. all being drowned out by SIIITTT BACCKK IT'S FRIIIIGHTT TIMMMEEE. There's just no need.

Never knew about the bird food cost, should be free though really, but I understand why it's not. Am I the only one that thinks something like Kobra would be perfect at Alton Towers? Really nice family/thrill coaster.

Then what is it? It has a track?!

I barely ever visit Chessington, it's far too far away. I usually go if I'm going to Thorpe Park the next day, so when I was looking for Zufari it was a nightmare! Hidden so far away, they need to update the signs as soon as they can. Have we heard if there's to be a Zufari 1.5? Or do the powers at be, like myself see very little room to improve?

Actually, the kobra model is called a 'Mega Disco Coaster', as all the ones with a bunny hop are.

Stretch to define it as a coaster, but that's what Zamperla call it. I guess it spends some of its time coasting.

Fredward said:
It rolls and it coasts though... ;)

It doesn't actually coast. The ride is powered by two drive wheels the entire time. They don't stop. Therefore it doesn't free roll, like, for example a powered roller coaster would down the valley of a hill.