• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Would be good to have some more indoor elements, especially as Chessington tends to be open more of the year than the other Merlin parks except Legoland.

Indoor coaster and a dark or flat ride plus the water park would make them pretty much 365.

Just a thought, we know that we’ve seen John Burton teasing/trolling us with the RMC mug, but I was thinking that an RMC Wild Moose could be interesting as a an eventual replacement for Rattlesnake (perhaps in a new themed area for the park)? Rattlesnake is getting on a bit, seems to often have downtime, and the 1.4m restriction is definitely an outlier at the park. I know that RMC and Chessington doesn't really sound like it goes together but who would have thought a few years back that the park would get a B&M wing coaster. Of course we have no idea what this consultation is for but Chessington Buzz (who may or may not have an idea) did suggest that another coaster could be coming to the park after the "Project Bruce" waterpark plans.

Last edited:
What, like Terror Tomb?
I’d say fifth dimension was pretty ahead of it’s time!

Can we actually stop the ‘they’re dropping hints on which rides they put on!!!!’, because to be frank, a public consultation, is precisely that. So they can ask all the old gits if they can make 2db of noise. Sure, we might get new information on what’s happening, but they’re doing that so they can consult the public. It’s almost like it’s why they call it that!.

Some poor intern probably had to pick a few stock images they have lying around, and slap them on a leaflet. I’ve seen all these images before. They use them as banners on their website.

If Zufari gets flattened for an Iron Gwazi clone, scorpion express gets re-tracked, Vampire adds a vertical loop to its layout and griffins galleon is relocated to the North Pole, then I will still say it’s a coincidence.

This isn’t five nights at Freddy’s, there isn’t lore to be poked at on a leaflet. It’s still up in the air. We have no idea what it could mean. We shall have to wait.

So it seems rather than being closed on off peak days, it looks like Zufari is now closed for the remainder of the season (or forever?)

Its been updated on the ride availability page as just 'Closed' and has been removed from the app entirely

GXSJ5JnWkAA6yWk.jpeg

I am here on site so will have a look around tomorrow, could see the giraffe incloser from the hotel this evening, although should be noted no animals were visible at all.

Last September there was!

Chessington is arguably the most educational theme park in the Merlin UK portfolio, though as with any of them it’s likely the main thing they’ll learn about is the disappointment of unexpected ride closures.
Nah that’s 100% Legoland - don’t forget, one of the cornerstones of the Lego brand is education, and there are many educational workshops offered at the park

Here is the latest on zufari...

Ps school trips by the bucket load here... (they've been back what a week just over maybe ?! )
I love the clash of theming going on there too, the tribal style carved poles against the more modern Africa of dilapidated satellite dish. They need to pick a style and stick with it, either current "real" Africa or cutesy tribal stuff.

The trucks on Zufari are (were?) apparently really hard to get spares for due to them being converted army cast-offs. I wouldn't be surprised if something big has failed on one of the few they have left, resulting in them pulling the plug.