• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

You are right, I'd be setting myself up for disappointment if I expect too much at once šŸ˜… I thought it was realistic although not all at once šŸ˜±

It could easily be multiple park developments equally as much as a few updates here and there šŸ¤”

I don't think they'd do a public consultation if it wasn't something significant though šŸ¤”
Resurfacing the car park will be as extravagant as it gets

Iā€™d like to see them do something with the burnt carcass of scorpion express and that whole area though, itā€™s all a wasteland. I know the zoo aspect of the park is a draw too but it feels all a bit stale and lacklustre, maybe itā€™s time to get rid of the giraffes and rhino to somewhere that can care for them better.

There was already a public consultation on the water park previously so you'd think it will be something else at least in addition to that.

Exciting, Chessington potentially seems like the Merlin park getting the most development the next few years!

In fact the flyer published on Chessington Buzz seems to align with my first sentence!

"Current projects and new proposals"

1725570502828.png

From: https://x.com/ChessingtonBuzz/status/1831685052733723015

So how much should we be reading into the choice of rides shown on that leaflet?

They've gone for Scorpion (the reopening of which would now be more surprising than it's removal), Zufari (also rumoured to be facing the axe), Truckers (which frankly should have been removed forever ago) and Vampire (how much life does that thing have left in it anyway..)

So how much should we be reading into the choice of rides shown on that leaflet?

They've gone for Scorpion (the reopening of which would now be more surprising than it's removal), Zufari (also rumoured to be facing the axe), Truckers (which frankly should have been removed forever ago) and Vampire (how much life does that thing have left in it anyway..)
Is that not Griffin's Galleon, rather than the Truckers?

Iā€™m not convinced the rides pictured in the leaflet sent out to local residents about this consultation bear any reflection of what might be coming/removed/replaced.

The last consultation document sent out to locals which ended up being for the Waterpark included photos of Zufari, Rattlesnake and Tiger Rock.

Link here

Itā€™s more likely they are just a random selection of photos for the leaflet.

Chessington Buzz seem to be suggesting on their Xwitter responses that it's going to be an update on the waterpark and a new project, but that doesn't involve Mexicana or Wild Asia.

Taking it with a huge double handful of salt but they do seem to have inside knowledge of what goes on there, so will be interesting to see what the rumour mill scrapes up over the next couple of weeks.

From having looked through their Twitter page, I canā€™t see anywhere where Chessington Buzz are explicitly suggesting that it wonā€™t be Mexicana or Wild Asiaā€¦

I guess weā€™ll just have to wait and see what they unveil!

I wonder if that Minecraft Land proposal Merlin looked at in those surveys a few months back might make an appearance at Chessington (if Iā€™m remembering correctly, didnā€™t surveys exist for both Alton and Chessington)? I think it would be a good fit and have great success potential, and if they are de-emphasising the animals as rumoured, I think it could give them a compelling new USP.

From having looked through their Twitter page, I canā€™t see anywhere where Chessington Buzz are explicitly suggesting that it wonā€™t be Mexicana or Wild Asiaā€¦

I guess weā€™ll just have to wait and see what they unveil!

I wonder if that Minecraft Land proposal Merlin looked at in those surveys a few months back might make an appearance at Chessington (if Iā€™m remembering correctly, didnā€™t surveys exist for both Alton and Chessington)? I think it would be a good fit and have great success potential, and if they are de-emphasising the animals as rumoured, I think it could give them a compelling new USP.

I don't know how to link because I'm useless but someone posted in the replies "goodbye wild asia and mexicana" and they responded with a "good but not right" gif. Might be pure clickbait for all I know, knowledge of Twitter memeing somehow skipped me entirely.

Lets face it though with Chessington they could pick any single area of the park, raze it and build something new and it would be an improvement. Even Jumanji land they could get rid of that giant pepper pot in the Mamba Strike queue for something more resistant to sticky fingers.

Chessington Buzz seem to be suggesting on their Xwitter responses that it's going to be an update on the waterpark and a new project, but that doesn't involve Mexicana or Wild Asia.

Taking it with a huge double handful of salt but they do seem to have inside knowledge of what goes on there, so will be interesting to see what the rumour mill scrapes up over the next couple of weeks.

Didnā€™t he say after Jumanji another large scale coaster would come fairly soon.

Maybe this is the start ?

I don't know how to link because I'm useless but someone posted in the replies "goodbye wild asia and mexicana" and they responded with a "good but not right" gif. Might be pure clickbait for all I know, knowledge of Twitter memeing somehow skipped me entirely.
I interpreted that tweet reply as it won't be both Mexicana and Wild Asia at the same time.

From: https://x.com/ChessingtonBuzz/status/1831713927610130506?t=3CiYelGO8H2MgSe62S-kvA&s=19

Although it looks like it's a bit of a tease šŸ¤”

There was already a public consultation on the water park previously so you'd think it will be something else at least in addition to that.

1725570502828.png
I do find the choice of images on this leaflet very interesting. Youā€™d think that theyā€™d want to show a picture of Mandrill Mayhem and World Of Jumamji on there seeing as they are the parkā€™s shiny new attraction. But instead we get a ride that has been SBNO for ages, one that has been suggested could be getting a retrack, an attraction that has been rumoured to be leaving the park, and a kids ride that has been superseded by a newer version of it just a couple of minutes walk away.

I donā€™t think these pictures have been chosen at random, I think they are all hints as to the what will be revealed at the consultation. Along with the suggestions that the larger animals might be leaving the park Iā€™m actually wondering if Merlin are quite drastically planning to retool the focus of the park in a new direction, perhaps in response to Universal GB. I think the the time might be up for quite a few attractions at the park, and Iā€™m wondering if even the likes of Tiger Rock are safe.

Last edited:
I think that Zufari will either go completely, or be expanded and include more animals. The ride doesn't work as it is right now.

Vampire re-track. But I think this will still be a few years away as the track is still good for now.

Griffins. For the chop? Sad if that is the case.

Scorpion Express. I think will be moved to wild asia (if the track is still good). Another existing ride will then be moved to the current Scorpion site!

I think then the temple of mayhem land will be used, alongside land next to it, to create either scorpion reborn or a larger coaster as part of the possible new Minecraft World.

Then Minecraft will expand when tiger rock goes in the future. So much land back there. The tigers won't be around for much longer. And lots of rumours the big animals will be leaving.

Loving reading all the speculation. Chessington world of adventures needs some love badly. Let's hope they come good at this consultation.