• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Lottie. said:
Although you can still get a glimpse of the ride by the Children's Zoo :p

Shh! Don't tell anyone. They might put a wall up that side too!

BigAl said:
Considering Chessington already have plans sorted, I wish the winner all the best in convincing the park to make their design instead! :p

I find that really mean of them. There'll be kids doing their darned best to come up with a design, with no chance of seeing it come to life.

Maybe they'll just pick whichever comes closest to their design, but I still find this kinda nasty.

They'll probably make something small but majority of the attraction's new theming will be sorted by now. It'll be why they've also included 'could' in their competition posts. I'm sure kids won't mind if they don't see lots of their designs made. To them, they'll still be the designer. :p

An update from Chessington yesterday, a few things to note...

-Zufari was the best we have ridden so far with loads of animals out enjoying the sunshine and the queue moved quickly!

-Tomb Blaster is filled with light due to air vents being replaced so the entire experience is almost ruined as you can see everything... very disappointing.

-Runaway Minetrain has been stripped bare with nothing there. Nothing is one site with a new theme to take place ready for 2014.

-Dragon Falls is a bit of a state, but most of you knew that already!

All in all not good at Chessington at the moment, I hope they can get it up to scratch for next year!

Themeparkmania said:
-Tomb Blaster is filled with light due to air vents being replaced so the entire experience is almost ruined as you can see everything... very disappointing.

Totally agree with this! So much for Tomb Blaster being a 'dark' ride... :S

Lottie. said:
Themeparkmania said:

Totally agree with this! So much for Tomb Blaster being a 'dark' ride... :S

It was one of my favourite rides at Chessington, It just seems as if they have stopped caring this year! It was a total let down yesterday!

Doesn't it have the same vents as Duel that sometimes have to open fully if air-flow is poor (or in duels case if methane builds up?) so it gets light.

Genuine question, i'm not knowledgeable about Chessie

Dave said:
Doesn't it have the same vents as Duel that sometimes have to open fully if air-flow is poor (or in duels case if methane builds up?) so it gets light.

You are indeed correct, this is what happens when your park's infrastructure is stuck in the 80s...

It was way too light in there last week even with the vents closed, the blue tube lights which were scattered throughout the attraction and various other pieces of poor lighting ruined the ride for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Benzin said:
Dave said:

You are indeed correct, this is what happens when your park's infrastructure is stuck in the 80s...

So it's not a recent change then?

I suppose air-vents are low priority, it is annoying on Duel though, but i get the thing might explode if it didn't happen though.

It was always a joke on Duel that as some of the methane sensors where near a vent not too far from the female toilets in Gloomy Wood that if too many ladies had big "poo's" too soon the vents opened.

it made me laugh

Nope, they have to open them once the building goes over something like 18c.. it's the buildings only way of ventilation. You'd literally want to kill yourself if you were in there with them closed.

Makes the dark ride awful though. But it's nowhere near brilliant in the first place.

I don't ever remember the vents being open when the ride was in it's Tomb Blaster incarnation.

thefatone said:
Nope, they have to open them once the building goes over something like 18c.. it's the buildings only way of ventilation. You'd literally want to kill yourself if you were in there with them closed.

If your on about Duel i did say the methane thing was a joke ;)

If your not on about Duel then i look stupid now

:)

Dave said:
Benzin said:
Dave said:

So it's not a recent change then?

I think I first noticed it a few years back... I honestly cannot remember when, but yeah, it's actually quite a constant thing when we have decent weather here...

Me and Sammy did Chessington on Thursday, although the park was busy, we managed to get on all the major rides and spent quite some time looking around the zoo. Overall we have a wonderful day and a really nice meal in the chicken shack (Nandos style place).

Zufari has improved slightly since my last visit, it helped that both times we did it there was a tiny queue and plenty of animals to be seen. I think it was running on low capacity as they were not using the offload platform (thank god) and there was only ever one van in the station at once, and that one didn't leave till the van behind came out the cave. I'm sure because of this we drove round much slower and got a much better look at the animals. Finally since my last visit they have removed the seatbelts and have now added a lapbar for each row. I don't think it locks or anything, but it's much better than the seatbelts.

One slight negative about the day, we often moan about Towers closing too early, but Chessie was a 5pm ride close, on a busy hot day, when Towers was 5.30pm and down the road at Legoland and Thorpe it was a 6pm ride close.

Glad Chicken Shack was better.

I thought it was appalling last year.

AstroDan said:
Glad Chicken Shack was better.

I thought it was appalling last year.

I really liked it, I had the half chicken (hot) and chips and I really couldn't fault it, got plenty of chips and the chicken was really nice, certainly on the same level as Nandos.