• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

@deanW this thought did go through my mind. I am expecting to see Jungle Bus in Project Amazon, maybe with a new name and theme but the same ride none the less. If this does not happen I think Jungle Bus will martialize at Crealy. Crealy are opening a new area called Sooty Land. As part of Sooty Land there will be the same ride type as Jungle Bus.

They are going to martialize the Jungle Bus at Crealy?
Christ, the war in the east is spreading fast.

Following @Danny post over in the RAP thread I was taking a look at the new virtual way they will be managing RAP and it links to a Reserve and Ride system here.

This looks to be more than just for RAP as it uses generic language about virtual queuing etc, could they be introducing virtual queue options for all guests? Also, unless I have missed it, it looks like Fastrack has been removed completely from the Chessington website, perhaps that is linked to this?

Indeed, 20, 40 or 90 quid for wait usual queue, half queue and full queuejump.
Would be worth £20 if there were plenty of bars.

Somehow, Croc Drop sits so perfectly alongside those placeholder names…

@deanW this thought did go through my mind. I am expecting to see Jungle Bus in Project Amazon, maybe with a new name and theme but the same ride none the less. If this does not happen I think Jungle Bus will martialize at Crealy. Crealy are opening a new area called Sooty Land. As part of Sooty Land there will be the same ride type as Jungle Bus.

Chessington have invested a lot of time and money on high-quality kids rides over the last few years. Jungle Bus is really not up to the standards the park is setting for itself anymore. I'd be surprised if it ever opens anywhere again but certainly can't see it back at Chessington.

I don't get what's wrong with the Jungle Bus? :tearsofjoy: It's no different from any other kids ride. It's probably just closed for refurbishment or to be re-located. It's obviously themed to look rustic, I can imagine the ride is still in good condition underneath the theming. It's certainly a no cheaper model than anything else.

I don't get what's wrong with the Jungle Bus? :tearsofjoy: It's no different from any other kids ride. It's probably just closed for refurbishment or to be re-located. It's obviously themed to look rustic, I can imagine the ride is still in good condition underneath the theming. It's certainly a no cheaper model than anything else.
@siralgenon I personally agree with you. The Jungle Bus like all of Chessington's rides looks ace. @Dave and @ThemeParkAddict if you think Chessington's currant rides look bad,I recommend that you buy a time machine and experience Bubbleworks in it's final decade. In doing this you'll discover just how hideous Rides can be.

@siralgenon I personally agree with you. The Jungle Bus like all of Chessington's rides looks ace. @Dave and @ThemeParkAddict if you think Chessington's currant rides look bad,I recommend that you buy a time machine and experience Bubbleworks in it's final decade. In doing this you'll discover just how hideous Rides can be.
Preferably, Imperial Leather Bubbleworks looks tons better than the Gruffalo River Ride, but that's probably because of My bias on practal props and effects.

@Trooper Looper I would say that Gruffalo is 85% better than Imperial Leather Bubbleworks. I say this because at least its clean, lacking in annoying quacking ducks, depressing or broken. I would rate Gruffalo 100% if the projected theming was replaced with physical props. Like you I am not parhsal too projects or wall stickers. These elements don't evoke the same atmoustha as crafted props or hand painted art.

I've seen images online from across Chessington, and I really like what I am seeing. There's a lot of themeing touch ups that both stay true to the area but also work really well as a coherent style across the whole park. Some are bemoaning a lack of detail in the paintwork, but it appears to have been done in a semi cartoony style that really works well in giving both the themepark and individual areas identity. This is a hugely positive step for the most dilapidated park in the estate.

Chessington have invested a lot of time and money on high-quality kids rides over the last few years. Jungle Bus is really not up to the standards the park is setting for itself anymore. I'd be surprised if it ever opens anywhere again but certainly can't see it back at Chessington.
Haven’t most of the recent additions been second hand rethemes with some sheds from B&Q. I don’t think Chessington has done anything stunning since Wild Asia.

Many of their recent additions have either been rethemes of existing rides (Gruffalo, Tiger Rock, Elmer), relocated rides from other Merlin attractions (Weymouth's log flume, Thorpe's rocking tug) or new rides from low-budget manufacturers (Croc Drop).

That said, they've clearly put in a lot of effort on the presentation side over the past closed season, so credit where it's due there.

Chessington has put in a quite a lot of rides over the past few seasons come to think of it, though it's somewhat slipped under the radar on here as it's mostly been family rides replacing existing family rides - the main exception being Croc Drop which is a family ride disguised as a thrill ride replacing an actual thrill ride.