• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Surely they could have run this coaster on two trains with a transfer track and separate onload/ offload sections?

We’ve seen this from Mack, on the likes of Star Trek and Capitol Bullet Train.

Might be a lot more expense, but capacity is something which Chessington is desperately crying out for.

Surely they could have run this coaster on two trains with a transfer track and separate onload/ offload sections?

Might be a lot more expense, but capacity is something which Chessington is desperately crying out for.
The station would be to be double as wide though as the trains are winged.

A sliding station or turntable wouldn’t really have been possible due to the winged seating (wing coasters require loading platforms on both sides). The only way they could have done something like that was for there to be a vertical transfer track, where the launch was on the middle floor and there were stations on the top and bottom floors. That’s never been done before, though.

It's definitely possible. If done well it would even have the advantage that they could batch both sides from a single queue (rather than the over station split).
But that wasn't the option they chose.

Swung by for a few hours this afternoon after being spited by Legoland.

It wasn't dead but the park was coping really well, 15 to 20 minutes queues tops. Field parking closed, hotel carpark full, so was sent to express parking for free with no exit barrier to pay, which was nice.
A couple of bits of Towers have made their way to that carpark...

IMG-20220909-WA0003.jpg

Quite like Shipwreck Coast, fits together well and brings some life to that area. Barrel bailout is a perfect little ride, great fun for a splashing not a soaking. A shame they've got a 1.1m ship when there are plenty about that could suit their target market better.

I said it last time, but another go through Tomb Blaster and I think it's really pretty good now, just wish there was some dry ice pumping through it. My 3 year old braved it for the first time and she was enthralled, heard another lad at close saying was the best ride of the day to his family, I guess that's what really matters.

Gruffelo looking pretty unloved. Wipe the screens, get the cobwebs off of everything (but especially camera lenses), and just show it a little bit of care please.

Danger cave still an eyesore that devalues the ride massively.

It would an extreme stretch of both words to call it exciting or news, but the new(?) Tuk Tuk was testing.
20220909_145405.jpg

Park really really misses Scorpian Express. No .9m coaster at a children orientated Park is a bit of a shocker really, so that shouldn't be fulfilled by one ride. I don't think I've seen official word on what has happened, I presume the engine car motor burnt?

Biggest frustration of the day was lunch. Burgers were atrocious quality and a stupid price. The self service point has a picture of a cheeseburger for the kids meal section, but no cheeseburger option. Asked at the counter for a cheeseburger kids meal, 'we don't offer that option', so can I order a meal and buy some cheese? 'No, we don't offer that option'. So you are going to make that burger when I order it, and you have cheese slices in the kitchen, but you won't put one in it? 'No, we don't offer that option'. WTAF? She was massively disinterested in serving me in any way. She might as well have said 'Computer says no' and coughed in my face. A stupid set up for staff to have to work with and atrocious service.

Overall though, a good afternoon.