• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

It looks as though Chessington is coping a little better today than they have the past few days… the longest coaster queue is only 90 minutes, and only Monkey Swinger and Tiger Rock shut from the thrill ride section!

I'm glad that Chessington is coping better. This is probably mostly due to Vampire being open. Is it on 2 trains?

150 minutes for Rattlesnake?! It's probably more than that, as its queue times are usually well above advertised, and same for Tomb Blaster.
According to the website q-times.com, 150 minutes for Rattlesnake is the joint second-longest queue Rattlesnake has ever recorded!

It's a mix of dreadful operations, only 3 trains, excessive reserve n ride and RAP that led to it. Other things like Vampire also only one train and Tiger Rock (unless it's changed from last weekend) running a stupidly low 9 boats that have led to such dire queue times so far this season. Hopefully things improve

I don't understand how they can't get this right. The park is always busy on peak days so the money should be there. They should easily be able to get all their rides working more often than not and on better capacity too. It's just not good enough.

There's not enough there for me to merit the 400mile round trip but I don't think I'd want to go anyway. Can't imagine myself waiting that long for family rides.

Wanting better working conditions and pay is pathetic? Seems like a pretty good reason to strike to me.
Get a grip, man.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
You both misunderstood. Go back and read my original post again. I’m not saying that people wanting better working conditions and pay is pathetic. I’m saying that because one industry started it, it triggered a whole load of others to look at theirs and then consider taking strike action. If the trains hadn’t started this last year, others would’ve not followed.

Last edited:
If I walked into work on Tuesday and the department gathered because we were thinking of strike action, the fact anyone else had gone on strike is irrelevant. People go on strike every year, the trains only got publicity because there was so many strikes constantly

I’m not saying that people wanting better working conditions and pay is pathetic. I’m saying that because one industry started it, it triggered a whole load of others to look at theirs and then consider taking strike action.
Then you'll be pleased to hear the reason they are doing it is for better working conditions and pay, not for fashion. It's more pathetic to judge their circumstances you don't know because you want to get on a roller coaster.

Last edited:
Then you'll be pleased to hear the reason they are doing it is for better working conditions and pay, not for fashion. It's more pathetic to judge their circumstances you don't know because you want to get on a roller coaster.
Of course I know it's for better working conditions and pay.

I’m saying that because one industry started it, it triggered a whole load of others to look at theirs and then consider taking strike action. If the trains hadn’t started this last year, others would’ve not followed.
What I don't get is why you think this is a pathetic situation, unless I am misunderstanding you again.

There’s one sole reason that multiple sectors are now voting for industrial action, and it ain’t because train drivers did it first…

090E026A-B233-407B-A385-8E33DAC7366E.jpeg
How can inflation affect industrial action? Just doesn’t add up to me, although I could be missing something here.

Although that graph from the ONS is accurate, I rarely trust anything else the ONS produces…but that’s a discussion for elsewhere, and if anyone can be bothered. 😬