• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

I’m sorry if this post is negative but I feel these events across Merlin parks are becoming quantity rather than quality. This looks like something you expect from a village fete or a small shopping centre, definitely not theme-park quality. With the Likes of AT “summer of fun” with garden sheds plonked on towers street, general cheap theming, Thorpe school play productions. I just feel it’s getting rather silly now placing cheap crap everywhere and there bunting obsession. Its on the verge of centre park, Butlins style, Im not sure about everyone else but I much rather have fewer events of better quality. Embarrassing when these American bloggers come over for summer and see what we have to offer!

6c6e4fa1883739ba79d780635079c014.jpg

e250cf72715810f67edf36c26adce15a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! I'm new to this forum, (usually active on the Towers forums.)

I'm visiting Chessington for the first time on Monday! Is there any advice to make the most of the day? Important things to know:

-We have to leave at around 4pm
-Must-do's are Zufari, Croc Drop, Tiger Rock, Dragon's Fury and Mandrill Mayhem. We plan to do them in this order
-Around one hour break between Tiger and Dragon for lunch and some animals
-Bringing our own food
-Will do other rides if we have time

Thank you :))

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk

Hi! I'm new to this forum, (usually active on the Towers forums.)

I'm visiting Chessington for the first time on Monday! Is there any advice to make the most of the day? Important things to know:

-We have to leave at around 4pm
-Must-do's are Zufari, Croc Drop, Tiger Rock, Dragon's Fury and Mandrill Mayhem. We plan to do them in this order
-Around one hour break between Tiger and Dragon for lunch and some animals
-Bringing our own food
-Will do other rides if we have time

Thank you :))

Based on my visit this weekend just gone you can’t plan anything around order, the queues are completely random and you can kind of tell as the crowd surges from one place to another. The actual queue times seem to be made up by someone pressing a random number generator too as they are never ever correct.

I would say get your virtual queue slot for mandrill and then work around that, possibly go straight to dragons fury as that queue will go to 90mins on the blink of an eye. Then go straight over from there to tiger rock

Don’t miss feeding the lorikeets if you have time, they are tucked away in a corner behind Kobra.

Just get a virtual queue for Mandrill Mayhem as early as possible, then you can either go straight there or do the other rides/attractions you want whilst you wait for your time to head to the ride.

Vampire is also a must do ride in my opinion, a properly unique experience and has some great themeing in the queue and station.

Get there early and book for Madrill Mayhem as soon as the virtual queue opens. We walked straight on the coaster in the morning and managed to get a second virtual queue slot for about an hour or two after that. By the time we came back for the second ride on it, the ride had broken down within that time and the queue was completely full and out of the door… We didn’t bother going for the second ride because I think that would have taken us about an hour or two of physical queuing… So yeah - I wouldn’t leave Mandrill Mayhem too late.

Also - Croc Drop totally sucks. Don’t wait more than 15-20 mins (at a push). If you’re desperate to go on it, I’d go on that straight after Mandrill Mayhem in the morning… But it is a lame ride. Looks cool though.

As has already been said - the queues at Chessington are totally unpredictable. Don’t over-plan because you’ll just be disappointed by the plans falling apart quickly 🤣

As has already been said - the queues at Chessington are totally unpredictable. Don’t over-plan because you’ll just be disappointed by the plans falling apart quickly 🤣
I was in a 40 minute queue for Gruffalo on Friday that in actuality took about 30 seconds. At the same time there was a 40 minute queue for Vampire that had a queue stretching all the way to the Gruffalo shop exit..

Tiger Rock was also advertised as 80 minutes at one point on Sunday but you could see the end of the queue was barely halfway round.

I was in a 40 minute queue for Gruffalo on Friday that in actuality took about 30 seconds. At the same time there was a 40 minute queue for Vampire that had a queue stretching all the way to the Gruffalo shop exit..

Tiger Rock was also advertised as 80 minutes at one point on Sunday but you could see the end of the queue was barely halfway round.
Exhibit A 🤣

I had no idea the queue times were so inaccurate so thanks for letting me know

My logic when planning was to go to the back first and work forward. I assumed everyone would go to Mandrill first because it's brand new ans right by the entrance.

When you book your virtual queue slot, how long do you usually have to wait to get on from the time you booked?

I had no idea the queue times were so inaccurate so thanks for letting me know

My logic when planning was to go to the back first and work forward. I assumed everyone would go to Mandrill first because it's brand new ans right by the entrance.

When you book your virtual queue slot, how long do you usually have to wait to get on from the time you booked?

I think you have something like 45 minutes to get your QR code scanned from the time you are assigned - you can be given a slot instantly, or in 2 hours time, or be told there are no slots and check again later (they release slots 3x per hour). Then there’s the wait of however long the queue is after that which can be anything from walk-on to an hour.

People won’t really gravitate to mandrill because of the virtual queueing as they will all have different times but dragons fury is another matter, it’s about 20m from the entrance gates so everyone goes there straight away and it never quietens down. That and vampire soak up everyone who is waiting for their mandrill slot like a sponge at the moment

I think you have something like 45 minutes to get your QR code scanned from the time you are assigned - you can be given a slot instantly, or in 2 hours time, or be told there are no slots and check again later (they release slots 3x per hour). Then there’s the wait of however long the queue is after that which can be anything from walk-on to an hour.

People won’t really gravitate to mandrill because of the virtual queueing as they will all have different times but dragons fury is another matter, it’s about 20m from the entrance gates so everyone goes there straight away and it never quietens down. That and vampire soak up everyone who is waiting for their mandrill slot like a sponge at the moment
Maybe Dragon's fury first is best then. Been checking today and it keeps saying opening later. Does this usually happen or is it just closed today?

Edit: Nevermind it's open and on 120 minutes! Maybe we should do it first haha.

Last edited: