• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

If Scorpion Express is replaced by a kiddie coaster, then hopefully said kiddie coaster will be well-themed. Scorpion Express' theming is what makes/made the ride in my opinion.

I do think that if Scorpion Express has died a death, as many infer that it may have, a new kiddie coaster would be a logical replacement.

For a park of their demographic, I’ve always been surprised that Chessington don’t really have a bonafide kiddie coaster. Even Scorpion Express itself is arguably not a bonafide kiddie coaster in the same way as, say, Octonauts at Alton Towers. And if Scorpion Express were to be removed, Chessington’s lowest height restriction coaster would be Vampire at 1.1m. That would give them the least accessible “first coaster” of any of the Merlin parks, which would be a surprise given their target demographic of families with young children. Even Thorpe Park, which actively targets itself more towards older guests, has a 0.9m height restriction coaster in Flying Fish (which is actually a clone of Scorpion Express, so although not a bonafide kiddie coaster, it is a relatively widely accessible family coaster).

I’m not familiar with the planning rules at Chessington - do they have some freedom to build certain things in the Mexicana area, or would a planning application need to be made?

Chessington Buzz and false rumours go hand in hand.

Anyone could speculate that Scorpion is being replaced as it’s been SBNO for over one season now.

I suppose if you throw a stone towards the ground enough times you are bound to hit it at some point.

Would a “wild moose” even fit on the Rattlesnake site? It’s really quite tight and dug in to comply with the planning restrictions.

If they were going to replace Rattlesnake, the options would be limited given the footprint. Realistically, the Wild Moose would be a solid option. I doubt it’d be as well themed as Rattlesnake though. Scorpion Express seems like a step down from the original Runaway Train and Tiger Rock seems a bit more limited than Dragon River. Rattlesnake’s a very standard ride, but well presented. A Wild Moose might have one or two set pieces, and a few Easter eggs nodding to past rides, but I can’t see the theming being as complete as Rattlesnake’s is.

Shows how long they've been broken - I didn't realise any of them moved in the first place!

Whilst a Wild Moose would be cool (and perhaps unique to the UK for a short while before the trend catches on), unless Rattlesnake is completely and utterly buggered (probably not long to go), I'd rather we see them give it a bit of a refresh and install a different new coaster elsewhere, so we see the number of rides go up rather than remain level. Obviously there's a number of factors that come into play such as space - although saying that, Zufari takes up a hilariously large amount of land for such a non-event. Canning that and redeveloping the area with some compact yet versatile rides would be great. Could easily get three or more little themed areas there alone.

Doubt they'd be allowed to build actual rides where Zufari lives.

They should've focused on it just being a safari rather than some plonked on storyline with a DANGER CAVE at the end.
It would be nice if they could successfully home some animals in the DANGER CAVE.