• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Apparently Tomb, Scorpion, Vampire, Trucks and Seastorm aren't due to open when the season starts.

Work has started on Seastorms OP box, so potentially that could open, but the others have a lot of work to do on them that will cause a delay.

That's a shame. With virtually every other park in the UK adding big new attractions could be a bad year at Chessington.

I mean Chessington buzz would hype a pothole being filled but regardless I’m just not sure there is anyway of refurbing Tomb Blaster, I even think it’s beyond an Alton Manor style refresh as the ride system is so old.

If I was Chessington I would gut the ride and start from scratch with a new dark ride or indoor family coaster.

Unfortunately most of the changes over the years have been done internally on the cheap, really they need Merlin Magic Making to sort the ride out like with Duel. (They should also sort out the operations while they're at it).
Edit: What's so funny?

Last edited:
Same old closed season at Chessington it seems, modest updates, tomb blaster work and a noticeable number of attractions not ready in time for opening, despite 4-5 months of close season to sort this.

Even if 24 will be a quieter year for the park, it is still so poor that they can’t organise a way of getting almost all their rides ready for opening. Many other parks do it seems.

Highly doubtful we will see any major changes to Tomb this season, besides a modest budget of touchups in places. As others have suggested, I think a new dark ride in its place would be logical at this point, with a new ride system. Even if it will probably lack the charm and character of what was once there.

Surely they’ll want something to advertise as new for this year though even if it’s very small?
Apart from Covid years, I can’t remember the last time there wasn’t ANYTHING at all for them to advertise as new.
So I wonder whether they’ll try to advertise Tomb Blaster as being this years new attraction?

With the amount of investment the park had over the last 5 years and with Lego land and Thorpe getting new coasters this year I’m sure Merlin pass holders will visit all 3 during a long weekend visit to the surrounding areas.
I not been since 2008 after a 5 hr+ round trip nothing has really wanted me to go back.