• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Christmas 2013

The Krystal Ball sounds nice, would rather have a posh Xmas event than a casual one, but all we get here is go karting because I'm the only girl. ::)

The hotels and, to an extent, the park are amazing at Christmas. I absolutely love visiting during the festive season! We should have a TST Christmas party meet :)

LiamC said:
The hotels and, to an extent, the park are amazing at Christmas. I absolutely love visiting during the festive season! We should have a TST Christmas party meet :)
I'd be up for that! :)

Me and Badlydrawnkelbel are Christmas regulars at Alton Towers, we love it. Go for three nights between Christmas and New Year, perfect for relaxing after the festive season but still enough Christmas magic! It's a tradition now, and I'm already looking forward to Christmas 2013! ;D ;D

We get very chilled, very relaxed and maybe a little tipsy :p lits of chn about so prepare for screaming and getting no seats at the bar lol.

But yes I love our xmas get aways

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

LiamC said:

I think that's a BRILLIANT idea!

I'd love a Christmas meet, even if its just a night or two at the hotel. Do the restaurants have a Xmas menu?

My Birthday is on the 29th and I've often thought about going up there with the wife for it, but without the park open it seems a bit pointless. I don't really understand why people go over closed season with the small amount of non theme park activities on offer. seems to be a lot of better (and cheaper) options available.

We tend to have a spa day, plenty of time in the waterpark and half a day on park. I see it as a chance to do the things I would begrudge doing when I know the park is open!

pluk said:
My Birthday is on the 29th and I've often thought about going up there with the wife for it, but without the park open it seems a bit pointless. I don't really understand why people go over closed season with the small amount of non theme park activities on offer. seems to be a lot of better (and cheaper) options available.
It is a nice place to visit for a night (maybe two), what with the bar, waterpark, and restaurant. However there isn't too much to do out of season, unless you like the kiddies entertainment. Over the season, at least, when they open up for the Christmas days, it can be somewhat enjoyable.

Sure, it's aimed at the children, but its a nice atmosphere nonetheless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Maybe if I didn't live so far away making my AT visits quite a rarity it wouldn't feel like such a wasted journey. For less money I'll take Centre Parcs or a city break where there are plenty of things to do.

If they managed to get a decent bit of the park up and running it'd be a different decision!

We also have an offsite night too. Just a nice place to come and relax and like Pixie-Ro said, you get to do the things you wouldn't want to do normally. We also take AT monopoly or something to do too.

Obviously its not everyone's cup of tea, but we are two couples who get on and enjoy each others company and we enjoy going.

badlydrawnkelBel said:
We also have an offsite night too. Just a nice place to come and relax and like Pixie-Ro said, you get to do the things you wouldn't want to do normally. We also take AT monopoly or something to do too.

Obviously its not everyone's cup of tea, but we are two couples who get on and enjoy each others company and we enjoy going.

I think it sounds like really good fun. We have AT Monopoly and love a cosy night in, and mine and the hubby's families are a bit of a nightmare to sort out at Christmas so it'd be ace to get away from that, even if we don't get to go on rides. Drinks and games and cosiness sounds good. And did you say you can wander round the park? x

Haha Pixie-Ro....yes we are not the couple btw!

Yes you xan walk around mutiny bay, storybook land and towers street.

Thank you. I will talk to my husband about this! Sounds like a good option for us. We have considered going away for Christmas in the past to avoid the arguments! x

:)

You all know why. Well, those who think they will know why are right anyway.

Why?

Because TheMan said so, that's why.