• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Christmas 2022

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

Steve74

TS Member
Thought I'd start a thread for Christmas 2022 with the confirmation that entry to all Christmas 2022 events are free to passholders (unless they are blackout days for the pass type) except for any additional experiences:

Also, in the replies to that tweet, Merlin confirm that the free entry at Towers will include the Festive Day Out ticket:

1646664988035.png

Likelihood that points to a larger selection of rides opening; surely such a small selection as last year wouldn't cope with a passholder free-for-all otherwise?

Likelihood that points to a larger selection of rides opening; surely such a small selection as last year wouldn't cope with a passholder free-for-all otherwise?
I’m not sure there really would be that many pass holders visiting, even last year the queues never seemed to bad when I looked. But it would be nice to get a few more rides but I’m not sure what.

You’ll never get any thrill rides added, so we only really have duel, blade and RMT which could probably open. But if Lightopia returns then they’ll keep those shut.

S
I’m not sure there really would be that many pass holders visiting, even last year the queues never seemed to bad when I looked. But it would be nice to get a few more rides but I’m not sure what.

You’ll never get any thrill rides added, so we only really have duel, blade and RMT which could probably open. But if Lightopia returns then they’ll keep those shut.
Wasn't Spinball open as well for last year's event?

Update on Christmas 2022 as tickets now appear to be on sale for the event.

The array of different ticket options seems to have been refined slightly.

Access to the Christmas market on Towers St remains free and you can either buy a Lightopia ticket for £15 weekdays/£20 weekends or a rides/Lightopia combo ticket for £30 weekdays/£35 weekends.

The biggest change seems to be that Santa sleepover guests now get Lightopia tickets included without the need to purchase it as an extra.

I can’t imagine the ride line up to be complete on the website, as gangsta granny and rajs bottom burp are missing which I find odd. Also none of the new CBeebies land rides are showing, I would expect JoJo and Andy’s dig to be open with them being inside. Not so sure on Hey Duggee.

It’s slightly less confusing than last year, and great that pass holders get rides free this year. I still think it’s odd they charge for parking, as I imagine a lot more people would come and do the markets (especially those local) if it wasn’t £6 to park.

I thought the lineup was OK last year, but if the park had more dark rides, they could make a far better event. Imagine a decent dark ride in the Dungeon and the 4d Cinema reopening. You then have yourself a nice Christmas hub from Towers Street, through Cbeebies, around the towers, including Hex and Walliams World and back down to MB again. With the market and Lightopia, that's a pretty comprehensive day out event.

Anyone that went to this years fireworks were there any lanterns already up in preparation for this years Christmas event ?

Little later than last year, I remember seeing them placed around the trail wrapped in plastic on Fireworks weekend.
Maybe Lightopia didn't like that photos of them got out at that time so decided its better to wait until the main season is completely over.

Lightopia is more like Grot-topia this year. The third party clearly don't store them well it was all pristine last year!

Lots of the displays have holes in, are badly stitched/patched up or are filthy. Some are new, but when you're beaming lights through material it really does need to be clean.

Overall, Lightopia not quite as good as last year. More sparse.

Have a zoom:

20221203_194531.jpg20221203_191519.jpg20221203_193510.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.