• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Christmas Opening

Coaster

TS Member
Taken from the Alton Towers Facebook page:
"Hot on the heels of announcing this year’s Santa Sleepover package, we can now announce that, this Christmas, for the first time ever we are opening the Theme Park to day visitors as well, plus visit the Elves Emporium for the chance to meet Santa and his Elves as they prepare for their busiest time of year!

Selected rides (including CBeebies Land) and our brand new Elves Emporium experience will be open between 10am and 5pm on 12th, 13th, & 18th – 23rd December.

Tickets are just £25 for Adults and £22.50 for children (age 2-12). Under 2’s go free! More details will be released soon but we can say that tickets will be limited! Book now by calling 0871 222 3330 - save 20% when you book before 9th November."

They also confirmed the lineup in the comments section: Cloud Cuckoo Land, CBeebies Land, Mutiny Bay (minus water rides) and Sonic Spinball.

They also confirmed the lineup in the comments section: Cloud Cuckoo Land, CBeebies Land, Mutiny Bay (minus water rides) and Sonic Spinball.
Not worth it. There's only so many times (1 at most) you can ride sonic without becoming depressed

Do you need to pay if you have a MAP? I know you have to at legoland

Not worth it. There's only so many times (1 at most) you can ride sonic without becoming depressed

Do you need to pay if you have a MAP? I know you have to at legoland
They have replied to a comment saying that MAP holders will gain free entry.
I like Spinball but I'm not sure if I can justify the travel cost for one major coaster - it's great for people who live more locally though!

Last edited:
Great news. It's taken them years to finally get to this stage! Hopefully if it's a big hit then we could see further attractions open in future years!

Could we get sonic snowball :p (sorry ;))
That would not be a bad concept for a temporary retheme... provided it's more than just a name change. Jingle Mir is proof that some music and a smegload of lights can make anything festive.

.... but it would have to be part of a full winter season, not just the kiddy rides.

This type of opening is particularly good for having a nice snoop around to see what they're getting up to around the grounds during closed season. Usually some decent photo opportunities. Remember not to enter any restricted areas though, right guys?!

Better late than never I suppose, this is long overdue. Hopefully it is a success and they are able to grow the event in years to come.

:)