• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

'Cinecitta World', Rome: new park, Colossus clone and free-fall drop Intamin

Not really sure what to make of this pic, posted by the park on Facebook:

45559_429279150495562_102691449_n.jpg

Is it some sort of metaphor, or is it actually going to have all that warehouse crap around the entrance...?

TheParks.IT has posted more images of construction work here. Here's a few of them...

Cinecitta-World-lavori-21-Maggio-2013-002.jpg

A tasty looking Intamin drop tower!

Cinecitta-World-lavori-21-Maggio-2013-015.jpg

Cinecitta-World-lavori-21-Maggio-2013-014.jpg

Interesting to see that Intamin have made the final barrel rolls using tri-track, and the first drop looks excellent! Have they finally perfected their multiple inversion coaster?

That is a very nice colour. And the tri-tube as well makes it much look better, in my opinion. Is the drop different though? Because it looks like very different shaping, and there looks to be the long straight of derp before the loop. And loving how they tried to make it more interesting by having it very slowing rotate to flat- cheeky Intamin. :p

Looks good, even though it is a clone of Colossus. The colour is absolutely beautiful.

Considering this is just a straight clone of Colossus, am I right in thinking that this would probably have cost them more than what Thorpe paid for Colossus for that tri rail track on the heartline rolls or is this a new design from Intamin? Random thought I know, but just curious :)

Don't get the "even thought it's a clone of Colossus" stuff. Colossus is a great coaster! Yes it's old, clattery, & rough nowadays - but that MKII is UTTERLY GORGEOUS!

However I have my concerns about the security firm based on one of the construction pictures from a couple of months back. I hope they address it. :eek:

851.jpg

Courtesy of CWFans

KKK Land anyone?

Does anyone know when this park will actually open? Was hoping to go to Italy in 2014 and really want to go but have no idea if it will be open by summer 2014!

Hi everyone! I'm new here, I saw this topic and decided to signup :*
I've been following the development of this project for three years, it changed several times and even the official website isn't quite updated.
There won't be a second park but an expansion, a "second phase" of the current construction site (And there will also be a third area for future expansion).
Although the artworks look really big they won't be that far from the real thing, the theming will be a strong feature of this park (The people that will work on it are the ones that built all the famous sets of Cinecittà - have a look here).

The spaceship artwork refers to the Intamin's Colossus 2.0 (They just put a random coaster in the image).
Main Street will be themed "Gangs of New York"
528794_432830973473713_279778662_n.jpg

Ben Hur for Mack's Super Splash.
The Multimotion Dark Ride (Tip on the theming - Abandon all hope, ye who enter here) and the Intamin Drop Coaster will be built inside the two big main (Ex) studios: Theatre 1 & 2

Hopefully the park will open in April 2014 :)

Rickwally said:
Hopefully the park will open in April 2014 :)

Fantastic information Rickwally! That is indeed fascinating stuff!!

WHY WONT PEOPLE LIKE THIS DO THEMES OVER HERE lol!!

So, unlike other projects, these seem to for once, be more trousers than mouth! They have an impressive CV indeed.

(Oh, and welcome by the way ;D)

More Cinecittà World Intamin looper pictures are up on TheParks.it I like the staircase going over the final inversion. :)

Yet more multi loopers with lap bars.

Smiler FTL.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Wow if Intamin are doing a 10 looping coaster with lapbars then The Smiler really should have had them as well! All of a sudden I have a desire to go and ride this sometime!

:)

More updates from themeparx, including the installation of the Super Splash:

2079.jpg

2081.jpg

2111.jpg

2109.jpg

2117.jpg

The 10 looper is coming along nicely too:

2059.jpg

2060.jpg

2061.jpg

Looks as though clearance testing is ll prepped: