• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

'Cinecitta World', Rome: new park, Colossus clone and free-fall drop Intamin

It's an Intamin, of course it's going to have some shake. But with no OTSR I think it would be fine.

Talking over OTSR.

THOSE COLOURS! Ewwwww!

Also shows really how much more interesting the landscaping on Colossus makes the ride. The air time hills just don't have the same impact as diving in and out of the jungle bit.

I wish they'd give that coaster some love and bring it back to glory, but what am I thinking... we all know that ain't happening!

There seems to be one thing that everybody has forgotten about with this park... And that is Intamin's second attempt at a freefall drop coaster!

The ride is now open along with the rest of the rides in the park and is called 'Darkmare - Till The Last Circle!' I'm not entirely sure of the theme and the recent POV video that appeared online yesterday doesn't make it too clear either! The ride is entirely indoors and looks I have to say, rather disappointingly... On a similar lever to Th13teen.

While from what I can tell the coaster section appears to be better (Doesn't take much!) The drop section itself... Doesn't look nearly as well themed as it's original Alton counterpart! It also doesn't appear to do the first 'false' drop? But that's just my own opinion!

You're right @Sammy also doesn't appear to have the reverse section either. Though I think it suits it as a "dark ride". Hopefully someone can take this ride to a better level soon. It's a great concept but I think someone needs to take out of family and into full thrill. Then it would be a fantastic coaster.

Nice station... Said no body ever :p

That looks pretty awful I have to say. The coaster section looks ok, though it is difficult to tell from the video, however it's far too short. It seems to really fly into the drop track and have to hit pretty hard on the brakes.

The drop doesn't appear to be half as punchy as Th13teen's. If you focus on the video in front of the train it looks like the track starts moving down gently before accelerating, rather than having that proper freefall drop that Th13teen demonstrates.

Also, is it me, or does the section after the drop track seem completely pointless? It doesn't seem to do anything! It may as well just drop and then kicker the train straight into the station.

From looking at the dispatching and movement off the drop this model doesn't look anywhere near as snappy with moving the trains around. It's one of the things you have to admire on Th13teen. When it's being ran half decent it's really very nippy. It doesn't hang around getting the train out of the station for the next one, or spitting them out of the brake run.

So yeah, the projection effects are nice, but ultimately I don't think the coaster here looks up to much. Suddenly Th13teen doesn't look quite as bad... :p

It kind of reminds me of the Van Helsing ride at Movie Park, but it's too hard to tell from a dark POV.

That station is so bad it's almost creepy. All they needed to do was paint the floor black and it would have had *some* atmosphere...maybe a bit of scaffolding...?

I think it looks quite fun. The station is awful but the rest of it looks good.
The projections look nice and work really well too.

I think it looks ok. The ride bit could be a lot longer but it seems fun. Don't think I've ever seen a coaster themed to Dante's Inferno, so that's cool.

It looks ok, but also a bit boring, but like all dark rides it really is hard to tell what the ride is like just from a POV.

I do think the freefall style coaster will work on a completely dark ride rather than like TH13TEEN, with just the drop in side, as you kind of expect something to happen, but if it is all inside you might not know it is going to happen.

Personally I think it matters less that it's slightly less thrilling due to the fact that it's inside. Indoors, coasters feel twice as fast as they do out - I suspect this will feel very quick whereas Thirteen's outdoor section feels fairly mundane.

Very hard to tell what it's like from the POV but it seems ok. The station is awful but there appears to be some decent theming and use of screens in the ride. The coaster section in the dark will certainly seem better than Thirteen's with a greater sense of speed. The drop does not look as good in that video though.

:)