• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

'Cinecitta World', Rome: new park, Colossus clone and free-fall drop Intamin

New unofficial 'reconstruction' concept art of the Intamin free-fall layout from this site. :)

L8rbg42.jpg

cfdnrPt.jpg

uOymBax.jpg

N3XWOdF.jpg

And the Mack...

G2hNilE.jpg

WQ6XIA9.jpg

A beautiful current site overview. :)

Drop tower fan concepts...

s20X5zu.jpg

f4qUF5Y.jpg

HEY ELEPHANT ERR ELEPHANT I THINK THERE'S A DROP TOWER IN YOUR BACK THAT'S NOT SUITABLE FOR LARGE FOUR-LEGGED ANIMALS LIKE YOURSELF OK.

I wonder why so many of the Intamin drop towers are that colour? Seems an odd choice given I presume they could have any colour they wanted.

Some incredible new photos here, check out the full-size concrete elephant enclosing the drop tower! :eek:

It's almost like they heard all the criticism of Rainbow Magicland's flimsy theming and decided to one-up it.

oXDmw9V.jpg

Am I right in thinking that this is very different to our Colossus? Or is it just the camera angle? Ours has inline twists, whereas this seems to have Zero-G rolls!

Sam said:
Some incredible new photos here, check out the full-size concrete elephant enclosing the drop tower! :eek:

It's almost like they heard all the criticism of Rainbow Magicland's flimsy theming and decided to one-up it.

oXDmw9V.jpg

Am I right in thinking that this is very different to our Colossus? Or is it just the camera angle? Ours has inline twists, whereas this seems to have Zero-G rolls!

I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same, it's just they've used tri-track which makes it look considerably different.

Screamscape said:
2014 - New Park - (10/18/13) The latest word from Cinecitta World confirms that the park should be ready to finally open in mid-2014. The park will include 16 indoor children’s attractions, 3 thrill rides and 19 family attractions according to this article, as well as 7 restaurants, 11 coffee bars and 57 snack stands and merchandise kiosks.

What's the betting that 50% of that amazing theming will fail to materialise...

TheParks has an update on Cinecittà World's Intamin lap bar lopping coaster here. The translated article (by Google):

Cinecittà World is now a reality. We can say admiring the photographs that come to us directly from Rome and dealing with the construction of this park really wonderful. Emmanuel Gout , director of Cinecittà World SpA , presented last November at a conference in Paris some incredible images suggesting the impressiveness of this project is finally becoming reality.

Collaboration with Dante Ferretti , three times Oscar winner for Best Art Direction for major films such as Hugo Cabret, Cinecittà World can count on 8 Sep, 5 studios, 14 attractions , for a total of 156 million euro investment. shines video from the desire to recreate the important parts of the history of cinema, with a set dedicated to the far West and an area designed to accommodate theming fiction . And 'here that is now in the process of completing the roller coaster from Intamin house where we remind you of some features. This will be a steel coaster that will touch the 875 meters long 33 meters in height, and 10 are provided for the inversions will be explored at a rate that will rise to almost 85 km / h.

Cinecitta-World-lavori-16-Dicembre-2013-007.jpg

Cinecitta-World-lavori-16-Dicembre-2013-008.jpg

There are many more photos on TheParks, don't forget. :)

A video linked in the article:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ25nxe6Ml4#ws
[CwFans] Cinecittà World seems to have all the cards in order to beat the competition . We just have to wait until next year, referred to as the opening of un'ennesimo largest amusement park in Italy.

A new photo update (created a few days ago) can be seen here. The Intamin's looking great!

Still finding it hard to get too excited for this project. Probably due to Rainbow Magic Land promising so much and delivering so little.

eivwBtM.jpg

Were they too lazy to sort out the long bit of straight track before the loop? No speed hill or anything...? Poor show!

Intamin's 12 inversion design features the same straight section before the Norwegian Loop:

Intamin12Inversion.jpg

With Cinecittà World's Intamin, perhaps it would have been better if the first drop went into a low hill over the turn that leads into the barrel rolls (and have that turn set lower before rising into the rolls)? Anyway, at least that bit will allow people to have a couple of seconds longer travelling at the coaster's top speed! :p

Or maybe, just maybe it might be a clever move from Intamin.

A straight piece of track might look boring but it is at the start of the ride. It could act as a pause, a moment to consider what is about to happen after the first rush but before any real action. Then when the loop does hit it'll hit all the harder.

Or maybe that's just me thinking to much into it :)

I agree with you. The straight bit is fine. It's like all the straight bits on The Ultimate. They build anticipation.

It's not as bad as Shockwave's straight section, but still, it does look crap... A start of a ride shouldn't be a drop into a straight bit...

Surely there's enough space there to have the loop closer?

At 50-odd mph you'd be through that straight bit in half a second or less, it's nothing. It's better than the lame drop that used to be in this layout!

There's nothing wrong whith zipping along at high speed close to the ground. :)

It's such a waste though. If that was a Shambhala-style airtime speed hill, it'd be just the ticket.

New construction photos, it's been a while!

2plNoAx.jpg

Bloody hell, it looks like some of that amazing theming from the concept art is actually going to happen.

YOxWgEB.jpg

iTdSVBy.jpg

Trains.

LJwYAqq.jpg

Is that an old building being knocked down or a new building made to look old...?

3djfFaM.jpg

Theming for the water ride (I think). Loads more baffling images at the link above, check them out.

I know I am in the minority when I say I much prefer the idea of straight track with no 'airtime hill'. They are the only coaster element which really makes me feel sick (or in the case of Silver Star - BE sick)

I much prefer taking elements at the slow, lumbering pace of a wing-rider than at high speed. The rate the Smiler gets through it's inversions is really too fast for me to enjoy them. But I know many would furiously disagree with that. So I for one am glad we have a nice straight bit of track to just enjoy going fast for a second or so before all the headbanging starts.