• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Closed Season Boredom Busters

Thameslink Rail

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Smiler
So, another season over and we have four months before we can go back on the big rides. I don't fancy discussing the blooming Air tunnel for that time so what can we run to keep spirits up?
In the past we've had Planet Coaster building competitions (Thanks @Matt N) and polls galore, last year we had a spoof UEFA Champions League but does anyone have anything particular they would like to run or would like someone else to run?

So, another season over and we have four months before we can go back on the big rides. I don't fancy discussing the blooming Air tunnel for that time so what can we run to keep spirits up?
In the past we've had Planet Coaster building competitions (Thanks @Matt N) and polls galore, last year we had a spoof UEFA Champions League but does anyone have anything particular they would like to run or would like someone else to run?
Good thinking. I've got an idea in mind, might have a go at running a coaster apocalypse game.
Think I tried a few years ago but couldn't get enough participants. Basically players would choose three coasters (within reason, as per the rules) then each week I would publish a list of coasters that would be "destroyed". If a player has a coaster on the list then they lose that coaster, and if they lose all three they are eliminated. Last person standing is the winner.

Does that sound like a good idea?

Last edited:
Good thinking. I've got an idea in mind, might have a go at running a coaster apocalypse game.
Think I tried a few years ago but couldn't get enough participants. Basically players would choose three coasters (within reason, as per the rules) then each week I would publish a list of coasters that would be "destroyed". If a player has a coaster on the list then they lose that coaster, and if they lose all three they are eliminated. Last person standing is the winner.

Does that sound like a good idea?
That sounds like a good idea!