• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coaster Colours

Blizzard

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Gotta be Oblivion tbh!
Bit of an odd question really, but I've always wondered what the colour options are for different types of coasters. Its clear that manufacturers can't just use any colour for some reason. Mack for instance, only seem to do blue/silver coasters. Either its because parks seem to follow a trend with colours, or because manufacturers can only do certain colours.

So my question is, firstly can a coaster have pretty much an colour in the spectrum, or are manufacturers limited to only certain colours on different coaster types.

:)

Manufacturer's certainly aren't limited, I'm not really sure what you're getting at. Mack only do silver/blue?

helix_121009_pretzel_35.jpg

I've seen B&M and Intamin's in pretty much every colour imaginable - the rails can even be painted different colours to the spine if necessary.

Merlin seem to be limited to grey, black, grey, dark grey, black, black with a hint of blue, grey with a touch of dark brown, jet black, grey and black.

Mack do love their shades of blue and S&S seem to enjoy black and orange for their rides.

Obviously the parks will have the final say, but I do suspect some manufacturers may have a "default scheme" for their rides. As already mentioned, both Mack and S&S have repeated the colour schemes on several of their rides. Vekoma also seem to favour white track and green supports - a scheme that has been used on Goudurix, Magic Mountain (Garlaland), Boomerang (Pleasure Island), Python (Efteling), Limit and Big Loop (both Heide Park) - and those are just the ones I know off the top of my head.

Heide Park took this colour scheme and applied it to pretty much everything in the park until the early 2000s - their Mack bobsled and a lot of their flat rides shared the same scheme. Recent rethemes of the flats has reduced the dominance, but there are still 3 coasters in close proximity all with the same paint job.

The Psychoaster said:
I've seen B&M and Intamin's in pretty much every colour imaginable - the rails can even be painted different colours to the spine if necessary.

B&M will even give you stripes if you ask them! :p

naov1usac0p2u1im00086c.jpg

I think it's only really Merlin who have a bland colour pallet with their coaster. They seem to go for colours that are dull in the first place, so they won't look so messy in a few years time! I imagine it being like when you by a car though. You can have dull blacks and browns, or pay extra for a nice colour ;)

Silver Bullet has to be the best paint scheme though:

2a33cfgve568i6p0jq4000.jpg

Doesn't actually seem to have much silver! :p

There are some colours which go together really well. Air probably has my favourite colours of any coaster. That blue and greeny grey <3

Then there are those colours which don't go so well...

6gd0011ajs7rh9g6s182d5.jpg