• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coaster colours

Good coaster colour?

• Other (specify)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Blue

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Green

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Red

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • White

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Grey

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Black

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
ILC said:
Coaster colours? Which are good and which bad?

Welcome to the forum ILC first off. Great you are getting stuck in straight away!

For me though, the colour is about the surroundings/theme/context and definition of the ride.

I think any colour can work well in the right context.

Leviathan's Teal blue

Leviathan-image-3.jpg

Gorgeous <3

Red for me, particularly on B&M track. I've always regarded Dragon Khan to be perhaps the most aesthetically pleasing coaster in existence. It's just a shame they chose to place Shambhala behind it dwarfing what was once an incredibly imposing coaster. As much as I love Shambhala, they could have easily built it elsewhere in the park.

Aqua/teal/turquoise type colours also look very good.

As for colour schemes I don't like, there's nothing worse looking than a white tracked steel coaster with white supports which is oddly enough one of the most popular colour schemes in Japan.

Some white-tracked coasters can look very crisp and modern for their first few years of operation (see Time Machine and Shambhala) but when rust sets in and the track becomes dirty, they just look awful (see Pyrenees at Parque Espagne).

I also don't like Skyrush's colour scheme at all. Some yellow-tracked coasters can look great such as a few examples of the Batman clones but for whatever reason, the powder blue and yellow combo offends me.

I personally think any colour will go but it takes real thought to come up with a masterpiece.

It varies for all coasters in my eyes as some colours work really well whereas others don't.

I do like White and Blue coasters (not together!). :)