• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coaster Park Tycoon

Kimberley

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Wodan
Frontier have announced the development of a new self-published PC game called 'Coaster Park Tycoon' :D Scheduled to release for next year, there aren't many details yet:

Frontier said:
Coaster Park Tycoon development starts
We are delighted to announce the start of development of a new self-published game called Coaster Park Tycoon®!

This will run as a second franchise alongside continued development of its existing self-published Elite: Dangerous title.

Coaster Park Tycoon

Frontier became the acknowledged leading developer of Tycoon games for its work on the RollerCoaster Tycoon® franchise, particularly its development of 2004’s c.10M unit-selling PC game RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 which is still considered the benchmark of the Tycoon genre, more than ten years after its release.

Coaster Park Tycoon, scheduled for 2016 release on PC, is intended to raise that benchmark for ‘Tycoon’ gameplay even further by combining accessible creative features with a sophisticated simulation.

Jonny Watts, Chief Creative Officer of Frontier Developments, said:

“Coaster Park games appeal to a great many people, as proven by RollerCoaster Tycoon 3. It is a field for which Frontier has unparalleled expertise and immense passion, and one to which we have long wanted to make a ‘no-holds-barred’ return. We want Coaster Park Tycoon to be another major step forward for the simulation genre, and sit alongside Elite: Dangerous as a second major self-published franchise.”

We will be announcing more details about Coaster Park Tycoon in due course - if you want us to keep you updated on progress, please email us at [email protected]

I'm very curious as to how this will compare to Roller Coaster Tycoon World!

Source

Oh Frontier. can't call it Roller Coaster Tycoon or Theme Park Tycoon so you go for Coaster Park Tycoon. Classic :p

But in all seriousness this'll be one to watch, and I'm not just saying that because I live down the road from them ;)

You wait 10 years then two come along at once!

I'm not holding much hope for RCT, it looks like it is going the way of The Sims.

Why no generic buildings? No-one wants to use their stupid all in one Western themed restaurants etc. There is no fun or skill in plonking down prebuilt cartoony structures.

Just waiting on Jurassic World: Operation Revelation now...

Looks interesting - especially with the uncertainty about Rollercoaster Tycoon World.
Hopefully it will turn out to be good :)