• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coaster Poll Round 1 Group 3

R1 G3 (2 votes)

• The Storm

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Hyperion

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • Star Trek

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Thunderbird

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Lisebergbanan

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • Stealth

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hyperion and Lisebergbanaramabanan. Hyperion is just a phenomenal coaster that becomes insane at night, and Lisebergbanaramabanan is such a wonderfully fun ride.

Start Trek is an insult to the brand. Hyperion looks bland as smeg on a POV to me. Stealth is fun, but nothing special.

.... I bum all things Anton, so one vote for 'Banan, the other to the funky looking woody I've never heard of until just now. ;)

Voted for the banana one and Stealth as I know stealth is fun and the rest look kinda dull on POV except Banana

Difficult group for me to pick from, as I've only been on half of them: Hyperion, Lisebergbanan and Stealth. I really like 'banan, but I don't think it's quite good enough to progress from this group.

Based on the GCIs I've done, I'm confident Thunderbird is an excellent ride. To be honest I find it very difficult to separate them all in my rankings, though there are one or two that stand out for good or bad reasons I expect this one to be somewhere in the middle. Not quite good enough to go through.

I'm going to group the Macks together - I've been on neither but done Alpina Blitz and Icon, Helix and Blue Fire so have a pretty good idea of how the various types stack up. Helix is of course phenomenal and Blue Fire excellent as a package but purely as a coaster has too many dead spots (final roll is the highlight). Alpina Blitz is the Mack take on a mega lite, and does an excellent job so would be my pick of the two in this group.

Having ruled out the others, my votes therefore go to:

Stealth, which is one of the best Intamin launches out there (behind TTD but ahead of KK). Having been on Xcellerator for the first time this year I'm no longer so sure it would benefit from being longer either.

Finally Hyperion, maybe not quite as phenomenal a ride as Intamin are capable of delivering from this ride system (it's no Skyrush), but still easily one of the very top coasters in Europe and easily the best coaster in this group.

Hyperion and Lisebergbanen. Although I'm yet to ride either.

The former was much needed in Europe, the yanks seem to get all the beastly airtime coasters.

Lisebergbanen gets old school bonus points and it looks to use the terrain very well in a tight space, and always has positive reviews.

Lisebergbanan might not actually be the best coaster here, but it's a great ride and absolutely charming to boot, so it gets my first vote. My other vote goes to The Storm. Before you point out that it was inevitable with me being a massive fan of the Mack Megacoaster, I hadn't previously thought it looked much good, but on watching a POV of Alpina Blitz again a lot of those less pointy hills look similar to AB's middle section.

For the others, I still think the Vekoma layout would have been more interesting than what Energylandia went with for Hyperion, Operation Enterprise looks pretty uninspiring, Thunderbird is probably pretty good (like most GCIs other than Wicker Man seem to be!) but not the best of its breed, and Stealth always puts a smile on my face, but it is what it is.